This is the longest I have ever ran without injury! (Read 652 times)

Now that was a bath...

When I started running in November 07 I managed 5 weeks and five days before being forced off the roads and into Physical therapy due to a knee injury. I then manged two further weeks running and one race before I got a stress fracture. Months off and I returned to running too hard, when my injury flared up again. After a break PT let me start up again and I heard that I was about to become a Grandparent and ran myself shocked into shin splints as fast as I could within a few weeks. I almost gave up, painfully (literally) aware that I had spent much more time on the bench than the road since beginning this running stuff! Then Abby showed me a running program and I decided to follow it. Crucially I threw my running watch in the bin and stopped competing with myself. Seven weeks later and I am still running. I am nowhere near recovered completely and I have to run slow, short, less often, flatter, ice after runs, take ibuprofen, massage, stretch longer and not compete... But I want to thank Abby from the bottom of my heart for getting me back out there safely. Who knows if I keep up with this sensible running stuff - my body just might adapt and I may get where I want to be! Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! So glad to hear things are going well Claire!! THANK YOU ABBY!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woohooo!!! I hope this streak continues! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

WTG, Claire!!!! That's the best kind of news Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good job Claire. Way to hang in there and be patient. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I am nowhere near recovered completely and I have to run slow, short, less often, flatter, ice after runs, take ibuprofen, massage, stretch longer and not compete... Claire xxx
              I am with ya Claire! CONGRATS!!! That's the best news to hear!
                Awesome news!! Keep on track with the program and stay healthy.
                http://distance-runner.blogspot.com