Stupid, bozo, poopy, dumb-dumb, jerk-wad, asshat pseudo-injury (Read 904 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...you know, those injuries that aren't "real" injuries, but screw up your mileage and sideline you anyhow. I have one of those. Thanks to a pair of ill-fitting shoes. So I'm not *really* injured, but I have a raw, weepy spot on my medial heel area. Last 3 "runs" have stunk. Tried to run today in an older, well-fitting shoe, but the raw spot wasn't having it, so I limped back home...just like yesterday. No running tomorrow...maybe not Thurs., either. Bah. BUT, I will say that YakTrax are cool. Strange, but seem to work very well. Next Winter no messing with specialized Winter shoes. I'll just wear whatever and slap some YakTrax on. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

... I have a raw, weepy spot on my medial heel area.
      Eeeww. That sucks!! Sorry K, hope it gets better soon. Tongue
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eeeww. That sucks!! Sorry K, hope it gets better soon. Tongue
        Heh, it would probably get better faster if I didn't keep trying to run while it is still an open wound.... Black eye Roll eyes Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

It's amazing how those seemingly small things can stop you in your tracks. Have you tried those blister bandages?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's amazing how those seemingly small things can stop you in your tracks. Have you tried those blister bandages?
            No kidding...it's just this very tiny area...not even a square half inch. But mother-scratcher (â„¢backroadrunner) that bastard HURTS like someone's slicing me with razorblades with every step. I have some of those blister things, but in the past I have never found them to stick to feet areas well (too much friction and sweat, I think) when running, plus I don't think they are intended for open skin areas, just covered blisters. I just need to wait for this to actually scab-over and dry out. When I first got the spot it was Saturday, didn't run again until Monday and it was still a problem, so I should probably be wise and take the next 2 days off. I know that continuing to try to run before it is mostly healed is just re-opening it...and then I'm back to square 1. I WAS ahead of the damned Bunny until the last few days...now that little punk-ass is ahead of me and even flipped me off as he passed! Shocked The noive of that guy! Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

pandajenn19

That sucks, I'm sorry! I hope it heals soon! I adore my yaktrax. Earlier this winter I ran 40 minutes in heavy freezing rain. There were hardly any cars out and they were creeping along because it was so slippery. I had trouble getting my jacket off when I got home because the zipper was iced over and frozen shut. But I never lost my footing on a single step! The next day there was snow over almost an inch of ice and I ran over 2 hours in it without a misstep.
                Oh that does suck! Well maybe it's bad luck all getting done and over with at once, after this it'll be smooth sailing! Smile

Michelle

btb1490

I've had really good luck with these: They work so well I sometimes have a hard time getting them off. Even after it scabs over, I would think you'd need to keep it covered to keep it from rubbing the scab off. I've also found that putting some vasoline or neosporin over the wound before putting on the bandage helps too.
                    *sings* I am stuck on Band-Aid brand 'cuz Band-Aid's stuck on me! Big grin Big grin
                      *sings* I am stuck on Band-Aid brand 'cuz Band-Aid's stuck on me! Big grin Big grin
                      I'll be singing that all night long!!! Clowning around

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've had really good luck with these: They work so well I sometimes have a hard time getting them off. Even after it scabs over, I would think you'd need to keep it covered to keep it from rubbing the scab off. I've also found that putting some vasoline or neosporin over the wound before putting on the bandage helps too.
                        Will the sport band-aids stick even with Neosporin on the pad? Hmmm...I may have to try that, Today I put a "Hot Wheels" bandage over the sore, then covered it with duct tape (no joke...that stuff is perfect on skin and won't sweat-off, yet doesn't hurt to remove, either, as long as it's not on a hairy spot). It stuck well, but the sore was just too fresh to have any sort of pressure on it yet. I think that is the main problem, direct pressure. It was even painful in the middle of the night when that spot touched the bed sheets. k

~ Sarah Kay

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Hair on your medial heel area Confused Confused Confused
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hair on your medial heel area Confused Confused Confused
                            Huh? Confused

~ Sarah Kay

rest it a bit. weeping sore is not a good phrase (maybe a good band name, though.) you will catch that bunny. it'll be hassenpfeffer by year's end. neosporin, maybe? and keeping it as exposed to air as possible?
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, I put some Neosporin on it and a band-aid for night. In the AM I will take it off so that it gets more air. I'm not going to run tomorrow, at the very least. So annoying...last year the snow and ice really made running so difficult without traction. Now I have shoes that should help with it and THEY make running difficult. At least I know the YakTrax should be good once this thing is healed. I have at least 2 pair of shoes that fit well and will work with the YakTrax. Too bad they won't keep my feet as warm and dry, though. That was one feature of those specialized shoes that I really was enjoying--hot feet even with windchills below 0. Now I'm debating whether to try selling the shoes on eBay or wait until early next Winter...hmmm... k

~ Sarah Kay