Effers. (Read 729 times)

Today was supposed to be my last (third) 20 miler in preparation for Richmond. I woke up with a bad cold/ flu-ish symptoms. Everything hurts (head, stomach, all stuff, dizzy, sore) #*&$! Any suggestions on what to do? Should I go for a longer run later this afternoon if I'm feeling better? This totoally blows Sad. Should I do the 20 miler next weekend instead (Richmond is Nov 10). Boooooo.
    2009: BQ?
      awww, sorry you were feeling so sick this morning, hope things have eased up a little. Hope you got some good rest today Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

I'd take it easy today. If you feel all right tomorrow you might consider doing it if you can fit it into the schedule, but otherwise I'd just skip it. Maybe add a few miles to next weekends planned long run. Hays in the barn.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Another Passion

You're so tough Trishie, I think you will be fine regardless of what you decide to do! Wink I do hope you are feeling better SOON!

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

trying to run when you are not well will only make it worse. skip the training run and keep your eye on the main goal - the marathon itself. no point in doing the training run and making yourself so ill you don't make it to the start line.
              trying to run when you are not well will only make it worse. skip the training run and keep your eye on the main goal - the marathon itself. no point in doing the training run and making yourself so ill you don't make it to the start line.
              That is very, very right. I went out -- because I'm a stubbon, stupid bastard -- and did 4.something mi. I stumbled home and now I feel 5x worse. great job, trish, great job. Cry thanks, guys --- now I will REST* * note to self: rest does not include any running, laundry, or organizing dresser drawers. Rest invovles watching the first season of The Office.
              2009: BQ?
                * note to self: rest does not include any running, laundry, or organizing dresser drawers. Rest invovles watching the first season of The Office.
                That's a great note. You can cross train by watching the second season.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Imminent Catastrophe

I'd take it easy today. If you feel all right tomorrow you might consider doing it if you can fit it into the schedule, but otherwise I'd just skip it. Maybe add a few miles to next weekends planned long run. Hays in the barn.
                  Well said. You've done two 20-milers. Maybe a few extra miles next week, but don't sweat it, your endurance is there and you won't lose it by missing one run. Staying healthy is more important!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

The voice of mile 18

welll it's too late now but recover then run. hope you feel better soon.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I didn't see this until after the fact. Sorry you got sick and are feeling worse. Focus on getting well, not running. You have enough training that missing the one 20 miler is not going to hurt you. At least you got it out of the way 3 weeks before Richmond instead of getting sick the week of Richmond. And I wouldn't worry about trying to get the 20 in this upcoming weekend. Stick woth your schedule- add a couple of miles if it makes you feel better but it is not necessary. Good luck.
                      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com