Another Victim of Product Improvement (Read 491 times)

anachrotech

Ran on Monday and joints were sore the rest of the week. Ran today for only 3 miles. I think I've narrowed down my problem - with my joints anyway. I used to wear New Balance 1122. I called them my Frankenshoes or Herman Munster shoes because of the way they look. Well New Balance went and "improved" them and their replacement is the 1123. The 1123s are a little nicer looking and not as "large" looking. I've had them since February. I've had my problems since February. Initially I attributed the issue to the flu that I had. I discovered lately when I put my retired 1122s, which I wear for everyday, my knees and hips feel better. I don't know what to do now. I just ordered what I think to be the last pair of 1122 in my size on the planet. I tried Asics last August and, though the shoes felt wonderful on my feet, the motion control was not what I required and I ended up with trochanter bursitis. If any of you have recommedations on a heavily cushioned shoe with maximum motion control, please feel free to give me your input.