20's is here, 40's is here, how about a...... (Read 686 times)

Ok so we have a 20's thread and we have a 40's thread why not have a 30's thread. I started running about 2 1/2 months ago doing the C25K and now I am getting ready to start training for my first race.....The Gate River run, using the Hal Higdon 15K training program. Jeremy
    2009 Goals...:
    -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
    Vally

Hey Navy. I guess I qualify for this thread. I finished C25K in August and have been slacking a little bit. I will be starting the HH Spring Training program on New Years Day with some other folks in my user group (The Long Haul). You are welcome to join us there too as well. Congrats on finishing C25K!!

You'll ruin your knees!

Hey Jeremy, welcome to the RA world! Seems the C25K has been a gift to many a runner here. I have passed it along to a lot of folks who seem interested in getting a running routine started. Glad it worked for you. I don't know much about the Higdon program, but good luck with it. Maybe you can answer a question for me. Why is there so much interest in "age-specific" threads? I have tried to follow a lot of the new discussion topics and see what seems like a lot of effort to try and "compartmentalize" into groups that have something in common, but then the threads have little or nothing to do with a specific age group. The discussion is generally quite broad and seems to me would have appeal to more than just, say, 30 somethings. I see the same thing in the Masters group that started up. I go there to see what's unique, and I find questions about Garmins, race plans, etc that would be of interest to a much broader population than masters runners. Don't mind me, I'm just trying to find my way. Nothing wrong with it, I was just wondering. Thanks for your service to our country, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Noni

Pssst...the 30s fled CR several months ago and have found a home posting at kickrunners - though we mostly all use the logs here! All 30s in body or spirit are welcome. I am enjoying browsing the forums here, so do not want to detract from whatever might develop here - but our 30s forum is ever-so-nice!