Track Your Burn Rate To Lose Weight (Read 808 times)

joefreudenthal

After you read this post, if you would like a free copy of the ENERFIT Burn Rate Calculator, go to: http://www.workoutpill.com/articles.asp?id=137 The Burn Rate Weight Loss System (3 simple steps): 1. Set a goal weight, not a goal date. We will get to the goal date in a minute. Make sure the goal is one that you can currently visualize yourself reaching. If you can't, you will never reach it. 2. Use FitDay.com or some other simple method that tracks both your caloric intake (Basal, Lifestyle, and Activity) and caloric output. 3. Track your Burn Rate. Your Burn Rate is simply the difference between your caloric intake and your caloric output. It takes a cumulative positive Burn Rate of 3500 calories to lose one pound. So, let's say you want to lose 20 lbs. You will need to have a cumulative positive Burn Rate of 70,000 to reach that goal. I have developed the ENERFIT Burn Rate Calculator (Excel Spreadsheet) that I will give you for free (see above for link), where you input your goal weight, your caloric intake, and your caloric output (take your data from your FitDay.com account) for each day, and the Burn Rate Calculator will calculate your Burn Rate each day. Based upon the daily data that you enter, the Burn Rate Calculator will calculate the date in which you will reach your goal if you continue to have the same Burn Rate daily average you have had up to that point. In other words, the Burn Rate Calculator will continually adjust the date in which you reach your goal based upon your ongoing daily data entry. I like this system because of it's simplicity. It doesn't dictate what you should or shouldn't eat. You know to eat a balanced nutritious diet, but to lose weight in this system you simply just burn more calories than you eat. Keep this point in mind: You can manage only what you measure. Have an great day, Joe Freudenthal enerfitrunning.blogspot.com
      Very cool.....another good tool to keep me on track. Question - can you increase the size of column J or decrease the font? Thanks!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

joefreudenthal

Glad you liked it! To decrease the font size, just "select" the entirety of Column J by clicking on the J itself at the top of the column, then choose the font size you want on the pull down font size menu. If you need me to walk you through it, give me a call at 816-396-5599. Thanks, and let me know how it works for you! Joe Freudenthal enerfitrunning.blogspot.com
        oldtimer

Not to offend, but it sounds like a plug for your company Joe.
          joefreudenthal

No offense taken. It doesn't mean to be by any means, but I realize I branded it with our product (I do feel there is a strong connection between ENERFIT and weight loss), but I very much apologize if it was too much! I feel like the system I propose is just a very simple straightforward way for people to track what their eating and burning and to measure their progress. Thanks! Joe
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Joe, what you are proposing is exactly what many of us have been doing in the Jiggly Joggers group for quite some time. AMR - calories ingested + exercise calories burned = calorie deficit. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

joefreudenthal

You are right on! The calculator just gives you a cool way to see when you will reach a weight loss goal in the future based upon your historical intake/output data. Try it and give some feedback on what you think. I just tweaked it today a little to make it easier to use. Thanks Joe Freudenthal enerfitrunning.blogspot.com
                  Thanks...I like it.. Whatever you did fixed my problem so I can now see the dates in column J without any tweaking.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

joefreudenthal

Keep tweaking it...new one is at: http://www.workoutpill.com/articles.asp?id=165 Let me know what you think. The algorithm now really takes into account even when a person is overestimating how many calories they are burning, etc... Joe