Course Not Showing Up (Read 428 times)

hwd

I mapped a run in Warwick, RI last Thursday and saved it when i I was finished. I just went back to search for it and it doesn't show up. Title WN PVD 5 miler. Does it take longer than a few days to show up? Also, there is another course saved with WN at the beginning of it's title but when I search using key words it doesn't show up either. Any ideas? Also, previously you could navigate to a certain area using the map and icons would show up to let you know there was a course there. I don't see those anymore. I like to use this site when I'm traveling to find good places to run. Please help. hwd
    ymmv

log out, then look for it. I'll bet you will find it. someone requested this as a feature: searching for routes will exclude your own. it surprised me too.
      hwd

Hey that's great. I found the course. How about the search? Key phrase "WN" Course title WN crowne 5 miler and nothingcomes up.
        kcam

log out, then look for it. I'll bet you will find it. someone requested this as a feature: searching for routes will exclude your own. it surprised me too.
          Tom, love the avatar!!!!
          eric :)

Hey that's great. I found the course. How about the search? Key phrase "WN" Course title WN crowne 5 miler and nothingcomes up.
            This is a limitation of the search function provided by the database. It ignores words less than 4 letters long. I could lower the restriction to 3 letters but anything less than that will increase the "noise" in the result.
            hwd

Hey Eric, What about the icons that used to show up on the map when you zoomed into a certain area. The reason this function is so nice is travel related. I fly for an airline and other crewmembers can log their courses from our layover hotels. it's nice to look at a map of the area near the hotel and find a coures. We're trying to build a small data base of good runs and your web site has great potential. Thanks
              eric :)

hwd, I need to readd this when I'm done with my current project. I took it out several months ago because it was killing the database. Now that I've fine tuned the server, it should have no problems searching for maps again. eric :-)