My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Last night 10 miles in 1:20 total, middle 5 @ 7:15 pace.  It burned good.  Tired and sore but not tired and hurt.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

Wandering Wally

Last night's run was nice!  5.1 miles in a snowglobe.  Snowing gently, feels like temp was 9F.  Ended up going 70 minutes instead of 60 because at the 30 minute mark there wasn't a good place to turn around.  Went a little further down the road to a better place.  I needed fewer walk breaks to stay in my target HR zone, so that was good.  In a few weeks I hope I don't need any walk breaks at all.

mattchiro - Nice run!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

MorganEdge

Saturday. I tweaked my Achilles' tendon near the end of my run and am a little afraid to get back after it. I certainly don't need more leg issues, so I have tried to take it easy.

- Morgan Edge

Bummer, Morgan! I hope the Achilles pain is brief and not a big thing.

I ran a nice 5.2 miles in 20 degrees with light snow flurries. My knee was bothering me a little. But I've been lax with my foam roller on my IT band, so I know why I had pain. I'll get a good rolling in today. Wink

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Lynx

Tedious! I hate the treadmill.

I'm a Lynx, not a hamster dammit.

(though my speed is close to these two)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVjzd320gew

Lynx

That's the way it goes when you're a new kid on the block, right?  Glad you found your way home, Wink.  I incorporate the run-walk-run method on all my training runs (prefer trail running) and it has improved my overall performance, and lessen recovery time, less fatigue/stress/aches.  Not bad for a 52 yr old Joking.  WAY TO GO on your 12 miles, and good luck on your marathon goal~~

Thanks az2mntrail. I did find the way home- that time! But got lost in a near by grave yard during the next  (supposedly) tempo session. It is now marked as "WTF happened?" on my calendar.

The funniest thing was- I kept wondering if it is OK to run in there... in the end I jogged as long as there were no people arround, untill I found an exit in the right direction... I'll have to consider marking trees or something :-)

jmsab23

Tried a local bird sanctuary for a trail run, but the trails were very icy, packed down with ruts. Decided to make up a road route and ran some roads instead. Almost no snow on the streets/sidewalks.  36 degrees and a slight wind.   Finished with a 9.54 mile long run in 1:22. Legs were feeling it near the end.

I called the race director for this weekend's 5-miler (Melody -- in Portland again), and she said they'll take race-day registrations, but it looks like we're going to get hit with some significant snow, so this race may be a no-go for me, as it's 30 miles away.

Melody....Glad your virus is heading out to sea.

Lynx..... You may be a lynx and not a hamster, but that lynx is just laying there!!!

Quote from this week's Olympia Sports flyer: "Yesterday you said tomorrow."

"No man can ever know all he needs until he first knows himself."---- James Steele

PRs:

5K - 20:39.   4-mile - 28:15.    5-mile - 35:36.     10k - 44:51.   HM - 1:38:23.  FM: 3:36:25

Wandering Wally

Last run was pretty good.  Ran 90 minutes last night and enjoyed the calm before the storm.  Getting some significant snow today so it might turn into a rest day.

Run!  Just Run!

Mr MattM

My last run was 3 miles... yes, 3 miles... Blush

be curious; not judgmental

Wandering Wally

Hey, 3 miles is 3 miles.  It's 3 miles more than nothing.  Nice run!

Run!  Just Run!

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Thank you mjsmith!

So, last night I tried something a little different.  I've been told that I'm running too many of my weekly miles too fast, so I decided to scale back on my mid-week 12 miler.  I tried it progressive style but I did it completely by feel.  My goal was simply slow, medium, medium/hard (4, 4, 4).  I think I did the slow part ok, but I think I ran too fast over the final 8.  I wasn't completely devastated at the end of the run but if I'm being honest with myself, I probably went too fast (again).

Awesome 3.6 miles this morning! 10 degrees, no wind. I wore a third layer over my upper legs (2 pair of tights and a cut off pair of riding pants). I was warm and felt great! That's three runs back to back for me this week. Not bad for just coming off a cold.

Mattchiro I think it's just very cool that you have to slow yourself down on a 12 mile run. I'm the polar opposite  I am SO slow...but working at finding the next set of gears. My age is my excuse...well into my 50's Big grin

Lynx Amen on the TM!! Erg. I'd rather run in bitter cold than the TM.

jmsab23 Bird sanctuary sound nice but not the ice and rutty trails. By the way, here is our (more cozy) group where most of the Active.com runners are hanging out. 

Lynx

Lynx..... You may be a lynx and not a hamster, but that lynx is just laying there!!!

Hey dude, I caught my dinner for the day Wink

Intervals today (3x 600; 2x 1km; 3x 600).... I feel: happy tired!

Upon coming home I saw that I  missed my time on the shorter ones, but went a bit fast on the 1km. Not sure if that's good or bad. And I'm envious at Mattchiro too- wish I had to slow my self down on the long runs.

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Wow, re-reading my posts makes me sound like a pompous ass.  I am the opposite of a "fast" runner Big grin  Just trying to slow down on my non "key" workout days so I can stay frosty for race day.

Mattchiro Nah, you didn't sound pompous at all...just uber-speedy!

Squeezed a little 3 mile run in this morning ahead of the "Big Storm". That's 4 running days, back to back for me. Yay!