My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Mr MattM

Wow, re-reading my posts makes me sound like a pompous ass.  I am the opposite of a "fast" runner Big grin  Just trying to slow down on my non "key" workout days so I can stay frosty for race day.

Just think about this:  If you can't stay disciplined in training, how likely are you to stay disciplined on race day?  It's very common to see those who are overly aggressive in training also end up overly aggressive on race day... and the end is almost always the same.  Don't be that runner!

I think your doing fine, though.  Just try to stay on target for your training runs.  That self-discipline will pay off greatly.

Well, yesterday I ran 5 more miles... I may get the hang of this running thing yet...

be curious; not judgmental

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Just think about this:  If you can't stay disciplined in training, how likely are you to stay disciplined on race day?  It's very common to see those who are overly aggressive in training also end up overly aggressive on race day... and the end is almost always the same.  Don't be that runner!

I think your doing fine, though.  Just try to stay on target for your training runs.  That self-discipline will pay off greatly.

Well, yesterday I ran 5 more miles... I may get the hang of this running thing yet...

So true, thanks man.  I was an idiot during my first marathon.  I wasn't as idiotic during my second, but still an idiot.  I'm learning how to be a non-idiotic runner.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

Mr MattM

Stupid is as stupid does.  Big grin

Okay, so my last run was 7 miles...

dallison

registered pw

6.6 miles last night. I really didn't want to go since i am getting tired of running int he dark and cold.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Master of Inconsistency

Slightly over 4 miles through the driving sleet and inch of slush on the ground .................nice.

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

gbpackerfan

60 minute run, 5.5 miles on treadmill.  Slower pace than normal because I aggravated an old injury earlier in the week.  Ankle felt good during the run, so back to normal.

Mr MattM

13 miles today... good run with some uptempo portions.

CeeDotA

10K today without any pain in my knee. Feeling good, and hoping I can ramp it back it up to my normal daily/weekly mileage.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

Yesterday, I started to run a trail but after a mile, had to stop:  too much snow, muddy and slushy patches making it slippery, and 30/40 mph windgusts! I was hell bent on getting my LDR this weekend!! Don't like to run on the TM but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Called a friend who had a guest pass to the local health club and resumed my running on the TM: 12.5!! Could have gone longer but after 12 miles, it gets boring and I start to get hungry, haha!  Snowed all day, roads are icy as temps dropped by late afternoon, drove about 20 mph to get home.

CeeDotA Great to hear about the rebound!!

az2mntrail Now THATS how to "Get 'Er Done" Big grin

Today was not exactly the LSD I had planned but still, a gorgeous 6 mile run! Crystal clear morning, snow covered hills, 2 degrees with little wind. The roads were a challenge because the blowing and drifting snow yesterday covered them with an inch of powder and frozen slush. I was dressed right for the cold but had to really watch my footing carefully! That made the going pretty slow and difficult. I also added 4 points to my "More Degrees Than Miles" total. I now have 29.5 MDTMs.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

CeeDotA

Thank you! I'm excited too!

CeeDotA Great to hear about the rebound!!

az2mntrail Now THATS how to "Get 'Er Done" Big grin

Today was not exactly the LSD I had planned but still, a gorgeous 6 mile run! Crystal clear morning, snow covered hills, 2 degrees with little wind. The roads were a challenge because the blowing and drifting snow yesterday covered them with an inch of powder and frozen slush. I was dressed right for the cold but had to really watch my footing carefully! That made the going pretty slow and difficult. I also added 4 points to my "More Degrees Than Miles" total. I now have 29.5 MDTMs.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

Lynx

Yesterday, I run 19km with a friend. It was supposed to be the long slow run of the week. Please note the use of "supposed to be".

I guess that even though this friend claims to be out of shape, this is still better than whatever shape I am in...

Long story short: the 19km ended up being run in 1:59- had we continued for another two, it would have been on par with the time I run on an actual race in spring last year (last official HM I run). I need to talk to this person! Dead

I did ask to lower the pace once, and was ok for most of it- but ended up with weird type of lower back pain towards the end and for most of Yestarday. Anybody know what that is? And how to deal with this diplomatically? (I know I'm slacking off on my own, so I can use the company)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My last run? 6.2 miles along the northern edge of San Juan, Puerto Rico after a small squall, with a huge and brilliant double rainbow over the ocean, a strong ocean breeze blowing from behind. About halfway in, I passed Mickey Mouse in a garita, posing for a photo shoot, and then came across hundreds of feral cats in the rocks outside the main Porto do San Juan, below the Morro and besides the bay. A quick stop at a pastry restaurant for local sweets and an iced coffee, then 2 miles back to my room. Last day in San Juan. Not a bad way to end the trip.

Black-Toe-Nailed

Wednesday.

it was 4:30-ish, it was 5C (above null!), it was snowing (!) it was darn wet, my feet got soaked and the snow machines sprayed me with semi-liquid white crap. 12mi lactate interval (4mi)...

Got the flu and still with pain in my throat, a full weekend stranded with only 8 weeks to go for my first race of the season (ant the most important)... thus... CRAP-CRAP-CRAP!!!!
                              I hate the winter in this country, really.

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
                              then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
                              I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

Mr MattM

My last run? 6.2 miles along the northern edge of San Juan, Puerto Rico after a small squall, with a huge and brilliant double rainbow over the ocean, a strong ocean breeze blowing from behind. About halfway in, I passed Mickey Mouse in a garita, posing for a photo shoot, and then came across hundreds of feral cats in the rocks outside the main Porto do San Juan, below the Morro and besides the bay. A quick stop at a pastry restaurant for local sweets and an iced coffee, then 2 miles back to my room. Last day in San Juan. Not a bad way to end the trip.

Yep.  I still hate you.

I ran 10 miles yesterday and there were no oceans, rainbows, or Disney characters.  But it was still a damn fine run.

ETA:  And... I ran a hard 5 miles at lunch today.

ETA:  And... I ran another 6 tonight...