My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

gbpackerfan

5 mile run today on the treadmill.

With today's run, I surpassed my mileage for last month which is a step in the right direction.  My schedule the last few weeks has really opened up without being bogged down with as much research.   I am getting back into the rhythm I want.

degregorius

I had a cold that sidelined me for a week.  I wanted to make sure I was over it before doing any running. I did a 4 mile slow one

(as in 12 plus minute miles). With the weekend coming up, I'm going to try to put in the miles.  I signed up for a half marathon at the end of March, and I'm pani...err...somewhat concerned about getting back into shape for it.

Mostly harmless

6 miles on my lunch break yesterday. 18 this afternoon while the weather holds instead of running in the snow tomorrow morning.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mr MattM

C'mon, people... let's run!!! 7 miles today with ladders. I'm in my acceleration-based training phase for the next 2 months...

be curious; not judgmental

pae

I'm on my fifth week of a 16-week training program from RW, and today was my first run with marathon pace included.  My goal MP is 9:09, but the two fast miles I did today were at 8:11 and 8:28.  I think I need to adjust my goal pace in the iSmoothRun app so that it doesn't tell me I'm going too slow when I'm not.

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Great job everyone!

I got back on it today for 5 miles after a 5 day lay-off due to a nasty flu.  I felt good and loose but my legs were a little jello-eee.  I hate that initial run after a 3 or more day layoff.  I probably look like a drunken sailor looking for a trick.  Schedule calls for 18 miles tomorrow morning, however I'm going to go 5 out and back and see how I feel at the 10 mile mark.  Will probably do 15 and call it before getting back on it Monday.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

First of all I am getting back into running after about a year of knee problems. I am focusing on my running form and trying things like ChiRunning.  Today was the first run where I tried some of the concepts of ChiRunning. I ran 3.7 miles and was focusing on my core and engaging my core to do the work.

Results I noticed that I  was a lot more tired than usual so I to had to walk more but my knees felt better. My run stride was a lot shorter too because I am trying  to speed up my cadence. A good run overall.

runbum

5 miles at 9:06 pace, 5pm. It was the second run of a double today, the first being 8 miles at noon.

I was initially planning a short, slow recovery run but, after the first couple of miles, I felt so good that I extended the run and ran it a bit faster than I had planned.

It's odd how, when I double, my second run almost always seems easier.

Today was the first really nice day in a long time where I live, so I just had to put in a decent number of miles out on the multi-use trail.

11 miles on The Mill yesterday. That's a long run for me. Training for a HM in March.

11 miles on The Mill yesterday. That's a long run for me. Training for a HM in March.

That's crazy long on the TM! Nice job.

I had a fantastic 7 mile run this morning! My feet were so happy in my new Mizuno Wave Rider 16s. and no blisters on top of calluses like I usually have. Knee felt great. There was a light dusting of snow, just enough to make everything pretty. I loved looking at critter footprints in the snow. It seems a lot more animals are venturing out. Tomorrow morning is going to be a cold one! Not cold enough for More Miles Than Degrees, but around 0 with the wind chill. Brrrr

Happy running!

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Ran a very chilly (0 degrees with the wind chill) 3.6 miles this morning.  I got to try out my new Gore WindStopper pants which seemed to bock the wind perfectly. I only got a little rain freeze once on top of the hill. LOL That wraps up 21.4 MPW for me, which I am happy about. I was aiming for 25 MPW but had an issue with my knee, so I'll try again next week.

Hey Melody!

I put down some More Miles Than Degrees points today: 18 miles, 15 degrees!

Dave

Hey Melody!

I put down some More Miles Than Degrees points today: 18 miles, 15 degrees!

Whoo-hoo! You are officially a bad-a_ _ runner now. Wink 18 miles!? Awesome.

degregorius

C'mon, people... let's run!!! 7 miles today with ladders. I'm in my acceleration-based training phase for the next 2 months...

OK Mr MattM, ya got me.  What are ladders?  Anything like a fartlek? or should I go to the hardware store and carry a stepladder?  So confused. Big grin

Lynx

My last run was.... hungry!

almost 24 km (23.9 according to garmin) but I think after 17 it was run/walk. not because I was tired or my muscles were giving up but because I was hungry... It is such a weird feeling! (yeah, i'll pack a bar next time) keep running everyone.