My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Mr MattM

OK Mr MattM, ya got me.  What are ladders?  Anything like a fartlek? or should I go to the hardware store and carry a stepladder?  So confused. Big grin

One of my favorite TM workouts... particularly revolving ladders!

Pick a starting pace (or speed), an interval distance, an acceleration value, and an increase value... and accelerate each interval to the mile marker then repeat faster... for instance, starting at 6.5mph using 1/4 mile distance, .5mph acceleration value, and .1 increase each mile would look like this:

Mile 1:  6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0

Mile 2:  6.6, 7.1, 7.6, 8.1

Mile 3:  6.7, 7.2, 7.7, 8.2

MIle 4:  6.8, 7.3, 7.8, 8.3

Mile 5:  6.9, 7.4, 7.9, 8.4

MIle 6:  7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5

Mile 7:  7.1, 7.6, 8.1, 8.6

Pick whatever values strike your fancy.  I like this particular workout because it focuses specifically on acceleration.

be curious; not judgmental

Revenge of the Nerd

Six mile loop down to the lake and back just after sunrise.  8:29 pace.  Saw two majestic bald eagles perched in bare trees.  I never tire of seeing them.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

This morning was a 3.25 miler but DAMN it was cold. 8 degrees and with the windchill factor, it was down to -5 degrees! Bright side was I shaved 10 seconds off my previous best time on that route!

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

Mr MattM

Ran a quick 5 over lunch... hopefully, I'll get back out tonight.

adavis58

I am training for a marathon in April.

I did Yasso 800's today x 6 for a total of 5.75 miles

Sunday I did  2.3 miles

Saturday I ran 18 miles.

Art

http://fitatfifty-art.blogspot.com/

degregorius

One of my favorite TM workouts... particularly revolving ladders!

Pick a starting pace (or speed), an interval distance, an acceleration value, and an increase value... and accelerate each interval to the mile marker then repeat faster... for instance, starting at 6.5mph using 1/4 mile distance, .5mph acceleration value, and .1 increase each mile would look like this:

Mile 1:  6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0

Mile 2:  6.6, 7.1, 7.6, 8.1

Mile 3:  6.7, 7.2, 7.7, 8.2

MIle 4:  6.8, 7.3, 7.8, 8.3

Mile 5:  6.9, 7.4, 7.9, 8.4

MIle 6:  7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5

Mile 7:  7.1, 7.6, 8.1, 8.6

Pick whatever values strike your fancy.  I like this particular workout because it focuses specifically on acceleration.

Thank you for the explanation.  I was planning to do some speed work, most likely indoors.  That is, if my legs don't file for divorce after being subjected to two long runs. :Smile

More about today's long run and some tweaks to the routine here

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

11 miles today...so lucky with the weather in the Seattle area right now.  Ran the middle 6 at my goal HMP...i hit my marks but it was weird being out there after slacking off last week due to the flu.  I hate the effin flu.  I am definitely not Michael Jordan because my Flu Game involves lying on the couch and being a big whiny d-bag.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

CT JEFF

Hey - Had a nice LSD day. had to stop the TM at 2.37m, but hopped back on for 100 minutes, but was out of water, so I took another quick break for fluids, finishing with another 2.5 for about 14.6 miles. Training for my FM end of MAY. I cant really say the miles were "all at once" but at least it pushed my goals further out.

Mr. MattM, I like doing math during my runs. It distracts me. But that much math? I noticed this week that its very close between my fartlek speed and when I just play with the speed up and down. I like speed runs.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

A fantastic 3.7 miles this morning! Super strong, with happy feet and knees. Temperate 16 degrees (with wind chill). Nice.

JeffCT That is just such impressive TM work! *High Fives**

Matt Poor you. Sad Re: The Flu and "being a big whiny d-bag" Get better soon.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Thank you Melody!  16 degrees with wind sounds AWESOME.

I just got back from a 6 mile recovery run.  Holy crapola what "they" say is right:  A recovery day should feel like I'm in recovery.  I guess if I'm not a little tired and sore on these days, I ain't doin it right.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

Mr MattM

Thank you Melody!  16 degrees with wind sounds AWESOME.

I just got back from a 6 mile recovery run.  Holy crapola what "they" say is right:  A recovery day should feel like I'm in recovery.  I guess if I'm not a little tired and sore on these days, I ain't doin it right.

You should feel a little tired and sore... yes... but you should feel better the next time you run.

Mr MattM

Following the great snowmaggedon of 2013 here in the heartland, I ran 11 miles yesterday and 8 today.  I'll get in a good run tommorrow before the great snowmaggedon part 2 comes calling...

Really nice job, Matt!!

What a fantastic 8 mile run this morning!! I would have never thought that 40 degrees could feel so warm. Cool It was snowing/freezing drizzle, but I was warm and dry in my new Gore wind pants. It was so beautiful...all misty and drippy in the woods. Feels like the beginning of the end of winter. No pain in my knee, thank God!! I was a little worried about it so I opted not to do the full 10 I had hoped. Still, that gives me an even 20 MPW and most importantly is the knee seems fine.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Tiefsa

4 miles under 8 minute pace.  I'm getting back into running again, and I misjudged how pathetic I was going to be.  Oh well.  I've got six months to get in shape for my half marathon, so if I just add a mile or two each week, I should be fine.  The first two runs this week weren't under 8 minute mile pace, so today was encouraging.

gbpackerfan

5.0 miles on the treadmill, 47:00 minutes.  I really want to do a long run, but the treadmill just isn't the place for that.  I hate winter!