El Scorcho 25k/50k - Who's in? (Read 1270 times)

mbk

Who's going to be there? Modal? Jlynnbob? Who else? I'm registered for the 50k but feeling unprepared and unmotivated. Dead They say the course is going to be a little messy. Wink
      I signed up for the laid back (not so scorching) 25K version, which will be my longest run so far. We shall see if I am able to do it or not. Others who have posted up here Jlynnbob bonkin tschepsit What's with the new name? Were you not going by ultrawalker earlier?

Vim

mbk

What's with the new name? Were you not going by ultrawalker earlier?
        I was, but I am trying to be a runner, not a walker. I've started running, and even though I could walk ultramarathons, running is like starting over. If you check my log you'll see I'm doing 3-6 mile runs. I'm training for a couple of 5k races, then ramping up to a half marathon, then I'll do a few more races in the 5k to half range before attempting my first marathon. Fantasy Goal: Qualify for Boston before I turn 40, which means my last chance will be the 2009 Boston Marathon. So I'm focusing on speed for the time being rather than distance. See you guys at the race!
          Awesome, that makes 5 of us for El Scorcho! After the last two weeks of rain, they may need to rename the race UltraMud or El Muddo. I have a 17 miler on my marathon training plan for that weekend, so I will be running it easy not race pace. Since it's a 5k loop, I'm hoping I can keep on going after the finish to make it an even 30k. Which half do you have in your sights, Marshall?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

mbk

Which half do you have in your sights, Marshall?
            Probably the Houston Half in late October. Anyone else planning on that race?
              Not me. But I'm signed up for the DRC Half on November 4th.

mbk

Not me. But I'm signed up for the DRC Half on November 4th.
                I'm a racewalking coach for Team in Training and that is one of our races this season, so I'll be there but I won't be racing, I'll be coaching, encouraging, cajoling, herding, supporting, etc.

Burninated Peasant

I'll be there unless my wife goes into labor. I'm running the 25k dash - I can't keep up with you distance people. Big grin

I'm a racewalking coach for Team in Training and that is one of our races this season, so I'll be there but I won't be racing, I'll be coaching, encouraging, cajoling, herding, supporting, etc.
                      Cool, well I'll see you there somewhere!

Burninated Peasant

Ok, the emails that they keep sending out are talking about flashlights and hat-lights. I hadn't planned on using anything like this - is it really necessary? What are the rest of you planning on doing?
                          Jim said they are recommended but not necessary. For me that means I'm planning on skipping the headlamp. I was glad to see the update that the trail drys quickly though.

You'll ruin your knees!

OK, it looks like: tschepsit - 25k - Michael there_is_no_path - 50k - Marshall jlynnbob - 50k - Lynn bonkin - 25k - Mike modal - 25k - ???Quantaloo? Anyway, if you just "hope" to meet up with everyone, you'll end up not! So, find me...I'll be wearing my lucky racing hat (it's really fast)... and I'll try to make sure everybody gets together for a photo or something! Also, there will be a few folks from the North Texas Trail Runners there and a few friends from work...I'll be happy to introduce everybody around. As for lights, you might want to have one "in case". I will try to run without one, but if there is any mud/water on the trail, it might be a good idea to see it! Hey ProfesserR! You might try to email the RD to see if it is possible to get in at this late date! Jim is his name and he has been pretty responsive so far! See you guys this weekend! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

My plan is to be at the park around 11:30pm on Saturday. Not sure, if I am going to the Double Dave's Pizza information session on Friday. I probably will be wearing gray new balance shorts, black socks, a reflector on my left ankle, a dumpy looking emigrant direct hat, a white Run To Joe's tech shirt, and glasses. I was not planning on taking a light. They recommend putting ice in your hat? Do any of you all do this? See Y'all there. modal (#33 on the official entrant list) + Glasses

Vim

I'll get there around 11pm. Looking forward to meeting all ya'll. This is me... - Goatee