What's your favorite "A Christmas Carol" movie adaptation? (Read 433 times)

A musical version with Albert Finny.

knbradley2822

The Mickey Mouse version if only to see my two boys freak out every time they see Pete smoking!

RunJasonRun

I wonder if anyone else here has seen the old 1960s Hammer Studios film, Cash On Demand

Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin in Star Wars) plays a meticulously bank manager who is strict on his employees and family.  He undergoes a softening up of sorts when a criminal shows up around Christmas time and attempts to rob the bank by notifying the manager that his family is being held hostage.  The manager and the employees must find a way out of the situation, and they all learn a little bit about one another in the process. 

It's a rough sketch interpretation of A Christmas Carol, but it's not a half-bad film to see as a substitute.  Cushing plays the Scrooge type quite well. 

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Imminent Catastrophe

I wonder if anyone else here has seen the old 1960s Hammer Studios film, Cash On Demand

Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin in Star Wars) plays a meticulously bank manager who is strict on his employees and family.  He undergoes a softening up of sorts when a criminal shows up around Christmas time and attempts to rob the bank by notifying the manager that his family is being held hostage.  The manager and the employees must find a way out of the situation, and they all learn a little bit about one another in the process. 

It's a rough sketch interpretation of A Christmas Carol, but it's not a half-bad film to see as a substitute.  Cushing plays the Scrooge type quite well. 

Cushing also played Dr. Who in "Dr. Who and the Daleks". He's the Dr. Who I always think of.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Muppet.

Family staple. 

We watch it every Christmas Eve...fire going, Muppet Christmas Carol.  Probably 15 years now at least.

Other than that, I think the George C Scott version is best.

Jeff

BeeRunB

Mr. Magoo was THE Ebenezer when I was a kid.

Later on there was a George C. Scott version that was very good.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Alastair Sim for sure. 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

RunJasonRun

Cushing also played Dr. Who in "Dr. Who and the Daleks". He's the Dr. Who I always think of.

I love all the old Hammer Studios movies with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.  It was nice of George Lucas to tip the hat to both of their legacies by casting them in the Star Wars flicks. 

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Wandering Wally

I'm watching the George C. Scott version right this very moment.  It's well done.  I love Patrick Stewart's adaptation.  It is phenomenal.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Prince of Fatness

I'm watching the George C. Scott version right this very moment.

Yeah I saw it last night too.  Very good.

Not at it at all. 

bhearn

I've always loved the 1951 Alastair Sim version. 

Certainly, this is the classic version.

bhearn

I'm watching the George C. Scott version right this very moment.  It's well done. 

Hard for me to believe David Warner as Bob Cratchit. But otherwise, yeah.

Imminent Catastrophe

Alastair Sim for sure. 

That.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

The musical

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(