HM possible? (Read 386 times)

Hello all, I have pretty much just re-started running after a year hiatus or so. I still worked out consistently on the elliptical and walking, but its just not the same as running. Anyways, here is my question: Do you think it is truly feasible to run a HM by October 19th for a semi-beginner runner? I just started logging my runs and have been running about 3 miles per day and am following Hal Higdon's novice HM program. I actually ran a few extra miles this week. The first week is 12 but by tomorrow I will have 21. I guess I am just nervous to sign up. Last year I worked myself up to 8 miles without walking but it was very very hard. What do you all think?
    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

very very hard. What do you all think?
      Let it be your long run and not race. Build to 10 miles by adding 1 mile per week to your long run. If ,you need to walk thats Ok. Smile Run slow to make the distance.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Ditto RunnerClay.........if you reallly really want to do it - his advice is sound... Ill be honest, I wouldnt try it Sad.....I'd back off and get more miles under my belt and find another HM in about 4 months or so.. Along with running an HM, you also want it to be fun.....I dont think you have time to make it fun... Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

I think you guys are right....I think maybe I am just overzealous right now. I dont want to dread it. Maybe I will just stick to some local 5ks and build up my base. Thanks !!