40s+ on the Run - Happy New Year! (Week of 12/30/07) (Read 1379 times)

flatland mountaineer

I have run class tonite, haven't decided if I will run or not. I am going to try and talk to my old pt and see what she thinks. We were too lazy to go to town New Years eve so didn't even ring in the new year. Seems like monday again, happy runs 40's folks. Welcome to those new to the group. BTW, DW made Leslie's potato soup, its really good guys, esp if you like veggies!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Hi guys, and happy new year! Angie, glad you found your way back, and Mel, it's great to have you! (and any others who have joined this fab "around 40's" group). I haven't run or lifted since the weekend as a cold has zapped me. New Year's Eve was rather uneventful. Anyway, I think my New Year's resolution is going to be about balance. My body was starting to scream "too much too soon" again, so I may pare back my running goals to NOT include a 1/2 marathon at all and just aim for a bit of running, a bit of walking, a bit of lifting, and some yoga each week on the physical side of things. Oh, and I need to try to figure out all the bells and whistles on this new site. Happy new year and good runs, rests, and re-entries to all!
      Progress Trumps Pefection
        Farmer Jim - Glad you liked the soup! I kinda pulled that one out of my head awhile back when we had a ton of potatoes that needed to be eaten. Good luck with your hip/pt. Maybe the cold weather is making things worse?? I feel MUCH better today. Just wiped out yesterday with absolutely no motivation. Did an hour of strength/core with the The Firm gals. I need to get back to my Bowflex, but it's so dang cold out in that room. We're starting the countdown to our trip. We'll head down to the Bay Area on the 13th and fly out on the 15th. I'm getting excited, but also nervous. It's starting to hit me that I'll be in a country that we know almost nothing about and can't come even close to speaking the language. Shocked I found a site that gives you the pronunciation for the basics, like thank you, please, etc., so I've been practicing. Karen, her sister, and I are going to start planning a "destination" run for 2009 - find a trail run in a whole 'nother state (not CA, OR, or WA), save our dinero, and go have a blast. Karen gave me a calendar that has all the major trails runs across the country each month, and there's plenty to choose from. Now that will be a fun trip! Have a good short week, everyone!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...And I do.

In response to all the responses on my wayward teen -- Yeah, so glad I NEVER did anything like THAT!!! LOL Ok -- maybe the gif thingy doesn't work for me 'cause I'm on a MAC and not a PC? Any thoughts? I signed up for the 1000 mile club here at RA. I finished 2007 with 600+ miles and considering it was my first running year, I am pretty excited! I have to run 20 miles a week to accomplish that. The flesh is willing but the time constraints are weak! ~Shell

jfa

Hi All you rockin' Runners! Happy New Years!!! Big grin Hiya to Angie and Welcome to our fellow noobs! I too am dealing with a 16yo (DS)and have plenty of grey hair to prove it!Like Bob said,why can't they be perfect kids like we were? Confused Had a nice holiday and started the new running year off well with a 7.5m trail run up at Allaire park.Really nice run with just shorts,(50*) t-shirt,happy dog and plenty of mud! Big grin Spent the rest of the day feeling better than a body's got a right to! Yes Change of the weather coming.I'm gonna have to do tomorrow's run today as the forecast for the am is about 15* with winds around 17mph. Sad Yuk !!! Good runs to all!!

Ok -- maybe the gif thingy doesn't work for me 'cause I'm on a MAC and not a PC? Any thoughts?
              Are you highlighting the "gif" from whatever site, coming back here and pasting it, then highlighting it yet again, clicking the last square icon above, then removing the img at both ends that are in [ ] and leaving the img at both ends that are in <>? I kept forgetting to highlight and take off the img in [ ].

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

50 halfs by age 50

I'm not back to work until monday so did 3 miles today. Cold and windy here in FL, but I'm really liking this not working thing. Makes it so easy to get those runs done. I have a DD15 who just got her learner's permit last week. So nice to see what we have to look forward to Big grin 11 days 'til the full marathon! What races does everyone have on their calendars for 2008? I've been looking for a destination type race around Memorial or Labor Day.

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

...And I do.

Crap, this is what I get!
                  btb1490

Crap, this is what I get!
                    You're almost there! I'm not sure how it works on a MAC, but on a Windows PC, if you go to the image of that little runner person on the website you were on and right click your mouse on him, then select "Properties" from the menu that comes up, you will then get the URL of the gif itself. THAT is the URL you want to paste into your post. It looks like you pasted the URL from the entire webpage instead, and not just of the little giffy runner. Try again!

...And I do.

LOL! Are you telling me that what you see is a runner on my post but I don't see it? I see it on your post...GRRRR!
                      btb1490

LOL! Are you telling me that what you see is a runner on my post but I don't see it? I see it on your post...GRRRR!
                        Go ahead and click "Quote" on my post, and you will see the URL of the runner person, and the brackets that need to go on either side of the URL. Here is the URL that you want to use. http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Sports/Track_and_Field/Runner_3.gif

...And I do.

Let's see if this works!

...And I do.

Thank you, Bob! You are right, I WAS copying it from the web url. Thanks for taking the time to help me out here. Bless you! Bless you! Bless you!!!! ~Shell
                            btb1490

Disco runner: Naked runner: Me running:
                              btb1490

Let's see if this works!
                                Yay! Happy feet!