9 miles (Read 717 times)

Cause I CAN

Longest I've ran since marathon... I was only going to do 6 miles, I just HAD to keep going and now I hurt
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Member Since 2008

Good job Peach.
        Hi Peach, Longer is always better than not making the distance. Big grin Way to go on the distance but take care of yourself! Corrina

Cause I CAN

My god I am so sore! Why do I do these things to myself....
            My god I am so sore! Why do I do these things to myself....
            That danged "sense of accomplishment" nonsense gets ya every time... Wink
            "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
              Nice one Peach. My car broke down just after Christmas Day and I had to collect it from the garage about 3 miles away, best thing to do was run there Smile When I got back home with the car my wife kept on telling me to take my running kit off but the run in the morning was not enough for me and about an hour later I was off and running, I was only off for a 6 mile run but as I was feeling great so I carried on....and on .....and on. Next thing I know I was returning home and my GPS was beeping 10 miles. I realised as I soaked myself in the bath that that was the first time I had run the equivalent of a half marathon in 25 years Big grin My legs are sore but not hurting and I, like you, feel very proud of my achievement BTW I only started running again this year after a 20 year break.

Jerry
              A runners blog-updated daily

wbertha

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, marathonpeach, but I noticed corrinabear responding. Are the two of you also refugees from CR? Corrinabear, did you use to post in the half marathon training thread? I am trying to locate a similar thread on this forum. any suggestions? wbertha
                JPGarland

This is an interruption of the interruption of this thread for WBertha. The thread I posted for you elsewhere is going strong on CoolRunning/Active, and there is the following message for you from JoeC: "Wbertha - If you can read this, Login and post! We miss you too (just got Monnik back today!)" HM Thread

Cause I CAN

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, marathonpeach, but I noticed corrinabear responding. Are the two of you also refugees from CR? Corrinabear, did you use to post in the half marathon training thread? I am trying to locate a similar thread on this forum. any suggestions? wbertha
                    I had no idea anything happened to CR, I posted over there but hadnt visited in some time...I checked in saw the new set up, didnt like it and hadnt been back...I actually found this board from the marine corps marathon message board...
                    wbertha

marathon peach, glad to hear that I am not the only one unhappy with the new CR site. And thanks for allowing me to interrupt your thread. wbertha