Do You Eat Meat? (Read 442 times)

mandytheartist

Yes.

Don't judge me, I won't judge you.

I won't judge you Abe!  Wink Big grin

kcam

We had chickens in our backyard for about 3 years.  Loved going out and gettin a few eggs every morning.  A neighborhood cat finally killed them and we haven't gotten anymore since then.

You're up in the foothills of the Sierras right?  I have a friend up there (Grass Valley or thereabouts) and he has chickens and he has to fortify his coop and run against nasty predators like mountain lions, racoons etc.  Make sure what you build is strong.

The chicken coop I'm building. We have 8 chickens and they spent their first night in the coop (the enclosed nesting room) last night. Looking forward to some nice, organic eggs. Smile

Better I Leave

I've got about 2000lbs of concrete and fence post mix securing the hardware cloth 12" below grade along with wireless cams w/ built in audio. Grass Valley is about 1.5 hours north of us, but about the same elevation, so yes...I'm preparing. That's why it's been taking me so freaking long. It ain't easy doing this shit having just had hernia surgery 8 days ago. LOL!

We had chickens in our backyard for about 3 years.  Loved going out and gettin a few eggs every morning.  A neighborhood cat finally killed them and we haven't gotten anymore since then.

You're up in the foothills of the Sierras right?  I have a friend up there (Grass Valley or thereabouts) and he has chickens and he has to fortify his coop and run against nasty predators like mountain lions, racoons etc.  Make sure what you build is strong.

Better I Leave

Think roadkill possum smoothie.

Possum goes surprisingly well sauteed in a nice ginger/shallot/sherry reduction.

GC100k

I have eaten armadillo for real.  It's kind of a delicacy in Belize.  And not bad actually.

Hated to tell them that the roads are practically paved with armadillos here like with crabs there.

Why did the chicken cross the road?  To show the armadillo it could be done.

Possum goes surprisingly well sauteed in a nice ginger/shallot/sherry reduction.

Better I Leave

Why did the chicken cross the road?  To show the armadillo it could be done.

Pfft. Sez you...Wink **grin**

flatland mountaineer

Hell Ya! The producers of these shock videos are often the instigators, no responsible ag producer and that is most of us,  wants to see our food animals mistreated.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

running yogi

I try to eat sustainably grown food

flatland mountaineer

I try to eat sustainably grown food

yep been at this for well over 100 years on this commercial family farm

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Better I Leave

Hell Ya! The producers of these shock videos are often the instigators, no responsible ag producer and that is most of us,  wants to see our food animals mistreated.

Unless you are Cargill or Foster Farms, I don't believe the "target" is you. For example, many years ago, we bought some Foster Farm chickens. When my wife went to prepare them, she found broken bones and bruising...Here's the rub...

Dead animals do not bruise, do they? This chicken was abused prior to it's death. That was the day we decided to not purchase from Foster Farms. I don't believe these "instigators" are targeting responsible animal husbandry. And then again, try to tell me that a CAFO is "humane" and I might argue that.

Yes. No.

Agreed....  yes. no.

Tammarin.....

paulski66

miscreant

No meat, no fish, no dairy.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Rusk Runner

Absolutely and in moderation most of the time.  Kill my own when possible.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Dream Maker

I do eat meat.  I was a vegetarian for 14 years because of animals but I am sure glad I eat meat now because turns out by blood work etc that I am much healthier eating meat.

I will often pay more for ethical meat but I don't eat it exclusively.

And if so, do you care how the animal that has given you sustenance was treated before their death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8J4YB1RVJk

This is disgusting. I suppose it's OK so that we can get our baby back ribs, processed by illegal aliens brought in by the industry from Mexico, cheaply, yes?

Ag-gag laws have been put into place by our legislators to protect the "industry". Said law are in place to prosecute "whistle blowers" who might draw public attention to these practic

delicate flower

I do but not too often.  Maybe twice a day.

<3