NB wearers - problems with N-lock? (Read 806 times)

I bought a pair of 1062s in April, loved them and put 130ish miles on them. Then, when I return home after a run, I notice that the N-lock on one shoe was completely destroyed. The part that should be anchored in the sole had come completely out, which also means that one of my lace loops was useless, as the strap forms the loop. I took it back to the store I bought them from and they gave me a brand new pair, which was unexpected, but awesome. I am a tight lacer or I have problems with my feet moving in the shoe too much, which I imagine played a part in the failure, but I can't run without my shoes tight. My question is, have other people had this problem?
    Brandon

Marquess of Utopia

I've owned 5 pairs of shoes with n-lock and never had that happen.
        I'm on my third pair with N-Lock (882s and 1061), knock wood they have been trouble free so far.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ummm...gosh, I don't know how many pairs of NBs I've had with lace lock (several different models), but it's got to be over a dozen (thus far NBs are the only shoe that fits my duck feet). Never have had a problem, so I'm thinking you simply got a bum pair. Nice that the store gave you a new pair. They will probably send them back to NB R&D for examination. I had heard of a guy who tore out a lace loop on the 902s. They used fabric eyelet loop things on the entire shoe, instead of the traditional holes in the synthetic vinyl upper area.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Good to hear. I hope it was an isolated incident. Thanks.
            Brandon

Fat runner

I bought my first pair of NB this week and on one of the pairs they gave me in the store to try on the N-lock was broken. To be honest: it definitely looks like the weakest part on the shoe to me. I still bought a pair though, and i'm delighted to say i did my first painfree runs in 3 months.
              Goals:
              Get weight down from 124kg to 100kg (currently 110kg)
              Survive 1st 10k: 7/09/08 1:01:36 - Second 10k 5/10/08 57:42
              Survive 1st HM: 26/10/08 2:06:04
              Must find new goals ...

Otium cum dignitate

I had the same thing happen to my 882s with less than 100 miles on them. RRS replace them with a new pair saying they must have been defective.

Fat runner

Just like i expected! First thing to go after a month is the N-lock. Not a lot i can do since i bought them in Santa Monica and i live in Birmingham. Birmingham, UK that is Sad Now where did i put that superglue?
                  Goals:
                  Get weight down from 124kg to 100kg (currently 110kg)
                  Survive 1st 10k: 7/09/08 1:01:36 - Second 10k 5/10/08 57:42
                  Survive 1st HM: 26/10/08 2:06:04
                  Must find new goals ...