Garmin Training Center question (Read 711 times)

Up front: I have tried to upload my TC stuff to Motion Based, but so far it hasn't worked. Says something about being busy Confused Can TC (or MB, if I can get it rolling) do this: Tell me my time at a given mileage point? ie, today, I ran a 50K, but wanted to see my time at 26.2. (There was no course timing at this point.) I see the distance/time selector box, but when you go from one to the other, the selector bar moves out of whack. You'd think this would be handy feature, and perhaps it exists. I just haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks,
      Look at the graph of your run in the training center. The middle box will either say time or distance. Select "Distance" then in the first box select pace. If you click on the graph at the 26.2 mark, you will see your average pace to that point. Then you can figure out your time..Make sure you have the "Show selector box " selected. It is the first of the group of 3 boxes just to the left of the center box you clicked to show the distance. In the future you could make 26.2 miles a lap on your garmin, then when you load the information in the computer you will see the time of the lap as well as your total time.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Thanks. I was hoping a $200 product would do the math for me. I was aware of the boxes, but somehow, the idea of applying the pace to the distance escaped me. Math. Roll eyes (Two minutes later ...) That can't be right. No way was I doing a 6:40 mile. Oh well. I'll learn for next time.
          Dan, I consider Garmin's TC to be almost worthless. It does have a downloading and uploading courses and workouts to and from the watch. I also upload all my workouts to the TC so I have a back up. There is a much, much better option. Try Sports Track (click here) This is a free program, but would be worth buying if they charged. You can do splits by any parameter you want, every mile, every 5 min. whatever. Add a few plugins and the options are to numerous to mention. It is a great program, hope it works for you. Kenny

Into the wild

Shut up and run

Thanks, guys. I am so behind learning about my Garmin and affiliated products. It's either run less, or hang out here less, none of which I want to do. Maybe I need a personal day?
                Fixed Big grin SportTracks
                Sorry about the bad link. Anyways good luck getting to know your Garmin. It is an awesome training tool, and lots of fun for hiking and other outdoor activities.
                  Yeah, I fly fish and you can do quite a bit of walking in that pursuit. And people are generally poor, I find, at estimating distances, so it could be fun to "keep 'em honest." A fun toy/tool to be sure!