mapping a run from another source (Read 775 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

Is there an easy way to convert a map from "map my run" to here? I don't want to have to "re-draw" the map. Thanks!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

eric :)

Hi Paul, Does Map My Run allow you to export the maps? If so, I can create an importer for that after I'm done with the new log. I do not want to connect directly from my server to their's for legal reasons, unless they explicitly allow such transfers. eric Smile
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

MMR does allow GPX export. GPX is the standard route and waypoint exchange format. I assume that you would be able to import GPX with a simple conversion script, as part of the GPS importer functionality.

IMKY13 finish!!

Thanks Eric & Trent!! I guess I'll need to "re-draw" the map in RunningAhead, then correct?

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

eric :)

Thanks Eric & Trent!! I guess I'll need to "re-draw" the map in RunningAhead, then correct?
            Paul, If MMR allows you to export your routes as GPX files, I'll add an importer for that after I roll out the new log. I recommend that you wait for that instead of redrawing them, unless you enjoy that sort of thing.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, I think an import and export as GPSX would be great. Export would allow us to see our courses in Google Earth or put them on our GPS devices.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Eric, I think an import and export as GPSX would be great. Export would allow us to see our courses in Google Earth or put them on our GPS devices.
                Dude.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

bas

I found Ascent, a shareware program that is a nice alternative for MMR and much better than Motionbased. It will export gpx-files, so you can import them later in RA. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East