40s on the run - running away from Active.com (Read 1685 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

OK, I just thought I'd see if I could rustle up some Cool Running refugee 40-somethings over here, or anyone else who likes to talk about running into your 40s and beyond! Arla

Ex runner

hmm

BlushI meet the criteria of both the refugee and over 40 something! I am newly back to running so I am trying to work up to some mileage!
        I was a cool running lurker. I really enjoyed the info on the message boards. I am going to miss CR. Oh, by the way, over 40 too. I've been running only a few months. I am following the MAF training and was an avide follower on the CR board. I really hope more of them come over here. Doug
        "Rule of Too's: Too long, too hard, too much, too soon" Anonymous
          Hooray!! I have found my people. Cool

flatland mountaineer

OK, I just thought I'd see if I could rustle up some Cool Running refugee 40-somethings over here, or anyone else who likes to talk about running into your 40s and beyond! Arla
            seems to be a pretty slick site. easy to nav, logs, profiles, etc, maybe we can get the rest of the CR gang over here Jim

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Heigh their, R2, yes, much better here. Easy to use and USEFUL features. Active is a bloated pig and the log doesn't seem to have been created by runners. Plus I'm miffed because all my data seems to be gone, and I can't get back into CR to get it myself. *grumble* Arla

Ex runner

alexthecat

I started out on Cool Running about three years ago but I moved here last summer because I like the log better. So, I'm 40-something and an early-adopter refugee. Does that count? Wink So, how's the running going? Don't let the Cool Running/Active thing distract you from what matters. I did a short run in the pouring rain over my lunch hour today. It was refreshing... or something. Well, it got me out of work for a while and I live in Oregon, so the rain isn't a huge surprise. It's usually more like mist and less like huge buckets of water being thrown at my head though.
                  Another over-40, here. I was just getting used to CR when the buyout was announced. Being prudent by nature, I checked out other sites and quickly put my log up here. I'm also a newbie runner. Started about a month ago. So far, I only have one type of run: short Big grin. So I no longer consider myself a "CR refugee", but a full member here at Running Ahead. I also agree we should put the death of CR behind us and concentrate on what brought us here: running!

Gotta TRI

Looks like another jumper from the Cool Running ship Big grin. Have'nt had time to explore this site yet, but was getting aggrevated w/ the other one. Have heard good things so far about this one.
                    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'm from CR also, and am ready to make this my home too. I absolutely hate the Active site, and almost never found the CR forum....found it after about 30 minutes of looking, accidentally. And I can't get on Kick Runners period. Look forward to visiting and posting here at RA. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

scvd

Cool Running refugee here...

Queen of 3rd Place

Well, great, maybe this group will be bigger and better than ever. There are a few more 40s over there who said they'll be checking in here. Big grin My CR log is still in limbo, I sure wish I'd downloaded it myself. It's been over 36 hrs since I "merged" it over to Active, and there's no sign of it. That was about 18 months of good data. If it ever appears I'm going to have to re-enter it by hand and rescue it! Arla

Ex runner

Oh - This is my first post over here, and already I can still that I'll be giving Active the finger - and soon! I will definitely be encouraging our other 40's posters to follow. Thanks, Arla! Unfortunately, it looks like my log has been lost to the great unknown. Thankfully, all my runs, except maybe 3 or 4, are on my Garmin, and I'll just have to estimate the miles on my shoes. I was able to download my log to my computer yesterday, but it's in some format that my spreadsheet program won't recognize. To find your CR log, go to the home page of this site, scroll part way down, and there are two links that send you to a thread at Active with specific directions. I followed the second link and the directions in that thread, and it let me in the back door somehow and allowed me to download my log. Don't know how long the Active people will let that go on. Today was a rest day for me, which is good 'cause my hips are really bothering me today. Oh well. I'll sooth things over tonight with girls' night out at the local tepanyaki bar! Nice to see all the new faces!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Just trying to figure out if my profile is attaching itself here. Big grin

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Hi Leslie, glad to see you made it over! Have you checked out the log here? Mo'betta. Arla

Ex runner