Pictures from Cactus Rose 100 Mile Endurance Run (Read 777 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Here are pictures from the Cactus Rose event I finished this past weekend, my third 100 mile event this year. http://nttr.smugmug.com/gallery/3795555#219005239 Enjoy! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

mikeymike

Nice!

Runners run

Into the wild

Hey Lynn, nice pics fella... Tell me, which head torch do you use? Which did you find to be most common at Cactus Rose? I've heard the Petzl LEDs have come a long way and reckon I'll plump for the Tikka XP; less than 100g and long battery life...any thoughts. (I'll need it for trails, known and unknown.) Cheers, Johnny

Shut up and run

I'll check your pics later... Dang dude, another 100 miles! I've only run a little over 450 for the year. Any of these trail race you do in the deep woods? Curious about the terrain you all cover...

Vim

You'll ruin your knees!

Hey Lynn, nice pics fella... Tell me, which head torch do you use? Which did you find to be most common at Cactus Rose? I've heard the Petzl LEDs have come a long way and reckon I'll plump for the Tikka XP; less than 100g and long battery life...any thoughts. (I'll need it for trails, known and unknown.) Cheers, Johnny
            I am not a headlamp lover, but may be changing. I just purchased the Tikka XP and LOVE IT! I ran it all night on Sat night plus 2.5 hours on Sat morning on the lowest setting. I use a handheld to provide better depth perception that I can get with a headlamp, but feel I could get away with only the headlamp set to a brighter setting (2 brighter than the one I used). The trails we were running were as technical as they get, very rocky, rooty and cactus-y Shocked. Great battery life and great illumination...I would definitely recommend the Tikka XP. Good to hear from you Johnny!!!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You'll ruin your knees!

I'll check your pics later... Dang dude, another 100 miles! I've only run a little over 450 for the year. Any of these trail race you do in the deep woods? Curious about the terrain you all cover...
              Go to the race website when you get a chance...there are some pretty good photos...like I told Johnny, some very technical (read, rough) trails... This was in the Hill Country State Natural Area outside of Bandera, TX...somewhat remote...

Another Passion

I guess Paul was right. Phil 4:13 Wink Although, I'm not sure how you do it?!? Confused Congratulations! Neat photo presentation of the race. I'll stick to gravel shoulders or pavement for now though. ps - I think my wife's 200 pound polish grandmother's ankles got that big once.... once. Big grin

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Into the wild

Thanks Lynn.... I'll be picking up the XP this weekend and give it a run out next week Smile

Shut up and run

Nice pictures! and WOW Shocked very inspiring!

Jennifer mm#1231

Nice pictures Lynn! How the ankles feeling?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wasatch Speedgoat

Congrats on a fine race, Lynn..... That was my good bud, Mke Dobies who finished ahead of you....nice guy, likes beer. I like running in that area, I've been to the bandera 100K twice and several years ago it was a nice reprieve from the nasty northeast winter. Steve

Life is short, play hard!

You'll ruin your knees!

Nice pictures Lynn! How the ankles feeling?
                          Ankles are back to normal, still have one issue on inside of right upper ankle that is tender to touch, with a little swelling. I got out a couple of times last week to run, but life got in the way the rest of the week...I'll be back at it full time this week, getting out a little later today. My run last Wed was awesome! Forced myself to stop after 4ish miles. On Friday, I went for my annual checkup, including a treadmill stress test (to failure). Once the heart rate got up in the upper 160's I could really feel the effects of the previous weekend!

You'll ruin your knees!

Congrats on a fine race, Lynn..... That was my good bud, Mke Dobies who finished ahead of you....nice guy, likes beer. I like running in that area, I've been to the bandera 100K twice and several years ago it was a nice reprieve from the nasty northeast winter. Steve
                            Thanks Steve! I pulled up at the race on Friday night, got out to say my howdy's and someone pointed Mike out...sitting in the shade in a lounge chair...with a beer in his hand. Looked calm, cool and collected all day and night during the race as he totally kicked everyone's collective butts! Lynn

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cankles are sexy... Wink Wow, Lynn, you continue to amaze and impress! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay