New PR in 5k (Read 750 times)

Lia's Daddy

I am very excited! My wife and I both ran a 5k this morning (her 2nd). I set a goal of under 24:00 which would give me a PR. I came in at 23:30 official time. I felt pretty good considering it was a very hilly course. It was nearly 2:00 faster than the same course last year. My wife did it in 28:30 which was also much faster than she thought she could. I feel like my long, slow runs are really starting to pay off. I think I can start really shaving of some time when I add speed work to my training. Big grin
    "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Great job. 2 minutes faster on the same course is impressive. Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

redleaf

Congrats!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Congrats to both of you!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

De-slacking in progress

WOW- 2mins faster- quite impressive Shocked- it's great to feel the satisifcation of personal improvemant. Congrats to your wife also Smile

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14