The worst Christmas story ever: Wisconsin vs. Charlotte the deer (Read 1314 times)

vegefrog

Sad

I eat venison all year round ( my whole family lives and hunts in Arkansas). I also am an animal lover...save squirrels when they fall from trees...help bunnies when my cats get 'em...

I feel so bad for Charlotte! She seems safe and secure in her environment...maybe he could monitor her and if she showed signs of CWD he could report her? Like Old Yeller??? Sad

Horrible story. I want her to live and she looks so sweet...but that CWD is an awful disease and  nobody wants it to spread...In this case I am on the side of the deer, just ONE deer! She can't pose that much of a threat!!!!

And I like what he said about the Gov. shooting her himself...that's why I don't hunt Smile I can't do it, though I love to eat 'em!

I don't hunt either.  But killing something yourself is the most honest way of eating meat.  The rest of us hide behind the food system and think happy thoughts. 

Feeling the growl again

I don't hunt either.  But killing something yourself is the most honest way of eating meat.  The rest of us hide behind the food system and think happy thoughts. 

The whole ruckus over Zuckerburg killing his own meat was quite curious to me.  Of course I grew up on a farm and ate things that had formerly been named before (Lyle was quite a tastey pig) so I realize my perspective is not so common in today's world.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Agreed.

If you eat meat, you should be prepared to go out and kill some yourself from time to time.  IMO.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Agreed.

If you eat meat, you should be prepared to go out and kill some yourself from time to time.  IMO.

This would give a big boost to vegetarianism, especially if you had to kill a steer before you could buy a Big Mac.

Chickens seem a bit easier to kill; maybe because they don't have those big brown eyes.

I think usda might have an issue if smithfield and tyson started hosting a whack-your-own day...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Prince of Fatness

This would give a big boost to vegetarianism, especially if you had to kill a steer before you could buy a Big Mac.

If I am going to get blood on my hands I want filet mignon.

Not at it at all. 

I think usda might have an issue if smithfield and tyson started hosting a whack-your-own day...

As might conservatives.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

If I am going to get blood on my hands I want filet mignon.

One steer ought to set up your credit account for that as well as a fair amount of hamburger, head cheese, etc.

I think a Restaurant At the End of the Universe reference may be in order.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As might conservatives.

USDA regulates that, too?

Prince of Fatness

whack-your-own day...

BTW ..... Heh.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I said meat.

Feeling the growl again

whack-your-own day...

Around here it's referred to as "opening day"...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

whack-your-own day...

Around here it's referred to as "dateless Saturday night"...

Prince of Fatness

Around here it's referred to as "dateless Saturday night"...

No, your date is the Palmer sisters.

Not at it at all.