Darn foot (Read 516 times)

So I don't know exactly how I did it but I injured my food when going down the stairs. It hurts deep inside when I walk so yesterday I decided to skip a run (1st time in over a month!). Today I woke up and there is still some pain, no swelling though. I am hoping it will go away soon. By now I am addicted to my daily runs, I need them, I crave them, I can't live without them. Oh, yes, I already mentioned I was addicted. Ewa Sad
    I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, no! I hope it is just a mild strain. Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Well, so I decided to follow the advice in the NYT article some time ago about cautious exercise through the injury. It is funny, while I am still limping when I walk, I can run without much pain. I picked soft trails and took it easy and my heel felt actually good. As soon as I slowed down to a walk I begun to feel it again. I guess I will have to run instead of walking. Wink Glad it's not the other way around. Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

You be careful with that foot! Ice it after those runs. I don't know what you did but hope it gets back to normal. Doesn't sound like its stopping you much.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            You be careful with that foot! Ice it after those runs. I don't know what you did but hope it gets back to normal. Doesn't sound like its stopping you much.
            I will ice, I promise. Smile I ran very close to home so I would not have to walk far in case it started hurting during the run. I was ready to stop at the sign of the slightest pain. We'll see how it feels tomorrow. Ewa
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've had weird pains like that from time to time. Some will even hurt a little when I first start running, but then disappear after a mile or so. I think those must be muscular. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay