Wednesday, January 2 2008 Daily Thread (Read 493 times)

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I hope no one objects to me starting this thread today. Blush Trying to do my runs in the morning in the new year, so this was the first morning getting up 1.5 hours early. My stomach was a bit off, but I got through my 30 minute run with a 5 minute warmup and 16 minute walk at the end for a total of 3.15 miles on the treadmill at an incline of 2.5. Happy new year everyone!

Chris
    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

7 miles. It was -13C, with a windchill of -23C and a wind gusting up to 30 km/h. Love it.
        7 miles. It was -13C, with a windchill of -23C and a wind gusting up to 30 km/h. Love it.
        Holy coldness batman. I'm also trying to be a "morning runner" this year. I got my morning run in today, although it was not pleasant. But I have to admit that I was a baby about the cold and didn't even attempt going outside. Stayed nice and toasty inside on my treadmill through my 4 1/2 mile run. Way to go Chris and Dave! Sara
          Today was a cross training day for me. 30 minutes on the eliptical and 30 minutes of strength training.
          "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
          obiebyke

Ran yesterday, so no run today. But I biked to work with my pretty new helmet hat, biking gloves, and tights. Yay for gear!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

I haven't run yet. I wasn't planning on it since I was supposed to have a soccer game tonight but the game just got cancelled. Now I have to figure out when to run since it'll be dark when I get home from work and my TM is no longer alive. Confused Congrats on your first morning run...brutal isn't it? My body always needs lots of time to wake up that early in the a.m.

Michelle

Ran yesterday, so no run today. But I biked to work with my pretty new helmet hat, biking gloves, and tights. Yay for gear!
                Yesterday while I ran at the park I saw way more bikers than runners. The color of the day was neon yellow - I counted five neon yellow jackets on riders. Confused

Michelle

...my TM is no longer alive. Confused
                  Oh no! That's so sad. Is it a permanent death or just a temporary coma?
                    Oh no! That's so sad. Is it a permanent death or just a temporary coma?
                    Permanent. Now I have to figure out times to run and how to deal with running outside - in the elements. I've been spoiled till now. Sad

Michelle

Maggie & Molly

I'm trying to deal with the elements myself. I've made many, many attempts at 'being a runner' but every winter I quit. I've never run through a whole winter and I absolutely hate the TM. The most I can do and trust me it's turture is 3 miles on the TM. The other factor for me beside the elements is the darkness. I don't feet comfortable running in the dark which limits how far I can run during the week and still make it to work on time. Working on all these issues as it is my goal to stick to it this year!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363