Explaining BQ'ing to non runners (Read 1187 times)

It's a major accomplishment for me, personally, but nobody else really cares about it.

Reminds me of the old joke about making partner at a law firm being like a pie-eating contest ... where the prize is more pie.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

Now I want pie.

Well, that's a weird way to say it.  I ALWAYS want pie.

DoppleBock

I think it becomes a major accomplishment because you care about it ... Anyone that cares about you should feel that way too.

I think because its a major marathon with some great history people want to run it - Because there are standards people make acheiving that standard as a major goal in their life.  Some it is a life long goal, some just a step on a long journey.  When ever someone achieves a major goal in their life it is cause for celebration.

Congrats 

It's a major accomplishment for me, personally, but nobody else really cares about it.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

It is not that  no one cares. Non runners do not understand the significance of it.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/