July "Virtual 5K/5M" invitation to all RunningAHEAD members (Read 1120 times)

I would like to join in the 5K. Heck, Ill do a 5 miler too. Siign me up for both...
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, I hope I'm feeling up to it by Mon. (when I planned to run). I have been feeling "off" for a few days. I think I got my DH's cold. I don't really feel sick, but I have a sore throat, my nose is a bit icky, and I just feel really run down. I'm even thinking about skipping my workout tomorrow night...all depends upon how well rested I am after tonite, I think. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm going to have to withdraw myself - nursing an overuse injury, of all things!!! Tony - gotcha! Roger on both!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Janell, I'm afraid to ask what you overused... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Janell, I'm afraid to ask what you overused... Wink
            No such luck over here! It's a running injury. I'll put it over in "health" okay? It don't belong here.

Hi everyone. I would like to join the 5k virtual race as well. Great idea, I love the race packet and refreshments. Is the cat the coach or just a race fan?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi everyone. I would like to join the 5k virtual race as well. Great idea, I love the race packet and refreshments. Is the cat the coach or just a race fan?
                If Sweetie's the coach, then I imagine it's a "do as I say, not as I do" situation! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I don't think he'd make a very good coach - most of his directions relate to where to pet him next and why aren't I paying attention to him now?.... aswindon - gotcha! Smile See you at the race!

Wingz

Professional Noob

All Pre-Registered Racers: 5K: Mbotti Zoom-zoom Trent ttmalek aswindon 5M: Hawkrunner Mile Collector Clancy ttmalek Okay, I'm heading out of town and will be off-line for the weekend. Anybody else wants to join the race feel free - just fill in your name in the appropriate slot in the "results" page. Good luck everyone! I'm cheering you all on from the medical tent! Whooooooo! Go! Go! Go! Whoooooooooooo! (post your results here: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/Results_Form.html ) I'll have results up as soon as possible!

Our 5K course record is held by mbotti at 17:02, and the 5 Mile record is held by Pron8r at 36:41.
                      Wow. Probably the first and last time, at my age (54), I'll ever hold a record (for however brief a time) for any distance. But, it's only because Mile Collector took a wrong turn Wink and the rest of the runners didn't show up on time. BTW--I think, as course record holder, that the entry fee should be waived. Cool
                      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                        You'll have DQ me from this race Roll eyes I only went 4.3
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You'll have DQ me from this race Roll eyes I only went 4.3
                          Couldn't you take your time and figure out your 3.1mi. split for the 5k? Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Couldn't you take your time and figure out your 3.1mi. split for the 5k? Smile k
                            That's "legal" as far as I'm concerned. We're all on the honor system here, anyway! By the way, I haven't gotten any numbers back in yet - if anyone's having trouble with the site, let me know ASAP, ok?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did you get mine? I just submitted a few minutes ago. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Gotcha! You are currently in the lead! Cool