What kind of turkey trot are you running this year? (Read 169 times)

not sure if this qualifies but Im running the "Green Lake Gobble and Mashpotato Munchoff" on sunday. 5k

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think I'll be running a YMCA 5K this year with DD.  It happens about the same time the turkey is supposed to be going into the oven, so we'll see if we can work around that.

Big controversy in Naples this year. The local running club (which I recently joined) pulled its support from the gobble gobble 4 miler, which it had supported in years past by timing and enlisting its members for volunteer support, to launch its own Turkey trot. So there are two competing races 3 miles apart at essentially the same time. Lots of vitriol on social networking and other media. It's sort of funny. I'm doing the 5k.

Big grin Hee Hee.  Fun Stuff.  My first race ever was a turkey trot so I guess I am being nostalgic.

You sure do love your polls there Skirtee...

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

xhristopher

I'm running a 5K that starts and ends at my brother in law's neighbor's driveway. I have no idea if it's a real race or not but somebody took the time to create a race flyer in MS Word. I'll probably get lost.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I'm running a Turkey Trot held in my town on the Saturday after Thanksgiving -- it's 5 miles.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Volunteering  for ATL Half for 15th year.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

The one where I run away screaming from Germans who will ask why we eat the same things every year and claim that pumpkin pie is somehow a slimy abomination. More of a sprint than a trot, really.

4.5-mile Drumstick Dash.

Tim_Easterday

Atlanta Half Marathon. My first HM!

I think I'll end up with two.  A trail 5K on Thursday, and another race on Sunday a mile from my house with 2 and 4 mile options.  Not sure which I'll pick.

half-fast

No Turkey Trot for me this year.  I opted for the Gingerbread Jog a week later.

DDXD

Slower than I look

My first ever Turkey Trot and first 10k.  Stupid groin is acting up so I might just jog it but what the hell.  Another plus is that it's about a mile from my house so I'll just run there to warm up and then run home.  More calorie burn for food!!

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Turkey Day 5k with my kids (both in their 20s) and my granddaughter in her stroller. Should be great fun as we all have funny t-shirts to wear and I'll be sporting a turkey hat.

ultramarathon/triathlete

See you there.

I just popped back on to see if anyone else is running the Manchester RR.  Good to see there are more RAers than just me (or at least there's one other so far).  It's a big race (15K+).  It's fun.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                                Gatorade Endurance Team