Log is just slooowww... (Read 471 times)

Brant

EricSmile, Honestly, I hate to post a complaint, since you do such a fantastic job with this entire program. That said, I would be doing you a disservice by not making you aware of a problem (although, you probably already know.) My log is very slow logging in and working in it. As far as the reports thing, it takes forever...I just gave up. I'm guessing that it has to do with the amount of data in my log. I've got over 5 years of stuff (it only lets me go back to Jan. 2004 from the calendar page) with lots of notes and over 14,000 miles. Thanks again for the great work. I hate to bring this up too, but I cannot wait for the GPS import! -Brant
    eric :)

Brant, I did my best to optimize the code during coding. However, I cannot simulate actual usage patterns during testing. The way for me to spot bottlenecks is by releasing it and then focus on any page that takes too long to load. Right now, I'm focusing on fixing bugs pertaining to data integrity (e.g. "my workouts are missing"). Once they are out of the way, I will focus on optimizing the code. There are certain areas that I don't think I can do anything about. For example, the summary page could be slow if you have too many widgets. It takes resources to fetch data from the database and calculate the results. Anyway, I'm doing everything I can to squeeze more out of the server. Pretty soon, I will need to add a second server to the site because having one is no longer sufficient. eric :-)
      Brant

Thanks for the response, Eric. BTW, I've just got the default settings on my log/summary page. No customization or widgets at all. I'm just using what you give me! Thanks again for your great work. -Brant