State Age Group Records (Read 862 times)

My celebration of turning 50: set state age group records in as many distances as possible. Progress: last weekend I broke the 10 mile record (was 1:14 and I ran 1:08:59). I got the 10K record in April with 40:30. I have broken the 5K record which was 19:18 (I ran 19:07) but course was not certified so I have to do it again. Am hoping to break 19 this summer anyway...I have a 4 miler set up for August, a 15K in September, a half marathon in October and an 8K in November. Am dreaming of a marathon in Memphis in December, but am graduating from Nursing School in December and the marathon is the weekend before final exams....what to do? Anyway, thanks for listening.
      Damn... good for you.
      AllForOne

WOW...your faster then me at 50 years old and im 14 Smile
        3rd Time's a charm
          Damned nice way to celebrate Amy, way to go! Just bring some flashcards to the marathon so you can multitask as you run. The way you're running, you won't be away from the books for long anyway.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, Amy, that's awesome! Can I run vicariously through you?? Good luck with nursing! My neighbor recently graduated from nursing school at your age and is really enjoying her job working with elderly people.
              Congrats and what an awesome way to celebrate! Bionic woman indeed!!!!! Good luck with your running and your new career Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

WOW...your faster then me at 50 years old and im 14 Smile
                Same here

PR's
                800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Damned nice way to celebrate Amy, way to go! Just bring some flashcards to the marathon so you can multitask as you run. The way you're running, you won't be away from the books for long anyway.
                  When I train on the treadmill at the Y, I read flashcards....thought no one else had thought of that idea! Haven't been able to run my usual 70+ weeks this summer since I am working in the critical care unit at St. Thomas Hospital 2-3 12 hour shifts per week. I can manage a 6 miler in the am before work, but can't manage to run after work. Be glad when school starts in the fall so I will have a little more spare time.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Congrats! Very impressive.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

Excellent!!! If the race lets you use ipod you could read your notes and listen while you run. Of course then if you are stumped during the exam you will need to jog in place to release the subliminal memory. Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'd go for it! I'm hoping to graduate nursing school in December also, and have to say my attitude's changed a lot these last few years. Now, one of my favorite equations is C=RN... and the only exam I'm willing to stress over is the NCLEX. I'm more interested in the learning than the grades... and you do that all semester long, not just right before the finals... Big grin Either way, good luck! Your running's incredible! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...