So would anyone care to explain VO2... (Read 2245 times)

JakeKnight

Dear sweet God what is this thing? This thread is either the greatest thing I've ever seen or more horrible than my worst nightmares. It is wonderfully, horribly abysmal. An abomination. An insult to creation. The final condemnation of humanity, fulfillment of the curse and promise of original sin. Bring on the apocalypse. Game over, man. Its time to nuke us from orbit. Its the only way to be sure. ----------------- P.S. Hey, y'all remember that whole deal about how we should be good and help out the new kids? Yeah, um, about that: just go back to comet pictures, okay? I'm pretty sure the new runner who posted this in "Running 101" for Phelps' sake now has her brains leaking out her ears and is looking around for sharp instruments with which to commit ritual self-disembowelment. You're all going to Hell for this thread. I hope you're happy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

JakeKnight

Oh, and to the poor OP who offered a five word simple question:
      in the least Shocked Confused Cry Dead way possible? Thanks!
      The answer is: don't worry about it. It's a measurement of your aerobic potential. But as some ironically noted, there are even elite runners with low VO2 maximums. It barely matters to them. And most average runner will never even approach their maximum potential for performance. To us, it matters not at all. Just go run and enjoy it. Work hard. Race fast. So ignore it. Run lots. Mostly easy. Sometimes hard. Have fun. And don't ever get involved with these assclowns when pedantic weenieism is on the line.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

for Phelps' sake
        Nice. MTA: I must have truly accepted Michael Phelps as my lord and savior, because I didn't even bat an eye at this the first time I read it. It just seemed so... natural.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

xor

hee hee. He said 'weenieism'.

C-R

Game....set... and match to the Gorilla on court 2. Good night and good luck.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

JK, I wanted to say that your bomb pictures are getting much better. Remember the time you posted that skinny little vapor trail and Tanya wtfpwned you with her big one? No? Well, she did and hers were great. I mean that with all due respect of course.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm a big fan of the underwater detonations at Bikini Atoll.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

FTR, I think those two are bigger than Tanya's so congrats blue boy.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Globule...did you just call Lank an a-hole? Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Globule...did you just call Lank an a-hole? Shocked
                      Confused

Why is it sideways?

A-toll. It's different.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A-toll. It's different.
                          Oh, I get it. Duh. An underwater detonation at bikini, a-hole would basically be a fart in a swimming pool.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

BTW. My work here is done. JK, thank you for articulating it. And this: in my religion, we don't believe in Hell, although we do believe in Rivergate if that counts.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

And this: in my religion, we don't believe in Hell, although we do believe in Riverdance if that counts.
                              Fixed.

Right on Hereford...

BTW. My work here is done.
                                Your "work" apparently means posting the most ridiculous horse-babble this forum has ever seen. See ya!