Superbowl Running (Read 501 times)

What a day, and it just started for me! Got two hours of sleep last night, then picked up my visiting Mom and Sister today right before the Game. We ordered a couple pizzas because it was the easiest thing to do. I had about 3 pieces, then felt like crap. I didn't want to take another day off running, so I decided I'd go out during the 3rd quarter and get my miles in. Wow. That pizza didn't make the run any easier!! I've been eating really healthily for the last month, so this pizza kind of was a shock to my body. Right after the Giants won, I put on my uniform and headed off to work... That's where I sit now. 12 hour shift... feel like crap. Glad I ran though! It was pouring rain, and to me, those are the best runs. Keeps me cool. Don't know the point of my post... just wanted to stay awake. Have a good one! Mike

~Mike

what a great game it was!
      keep running!

Dog-Love

What a day, and it just started for me! Got two hours of sleep last night, then picked up my visiting Mom and Sister today right before the Game. We ordered a couple pizzas because it was the easiest thing to do. I had about 3 pieces, then felt like crap. I didn't want to take another day off running, so I decided I'd go out during the 3rd quarter and get my miles in. Wow. That pizza didn't make the run any easier!! I've been eating really healthily for the last month, so this pizza kind of was a shock to my body. Right after the Giants won, I put on my uniform and headed off to work... That's where I sit now. 12 hour shift... feel like crap. Glad I ran though! It was pouring rain, and to me, those are the best runs. Keeps me cool. Don't know the point of my post... just wanted to stay awake. Have a good one! Mike
        12-hour shift in Honolulu...that can't be ALL bad! Are you sitting in a submarine?
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Len

Damn Yankee

12-hour shift in Honolulu...that can't be ALL bad! Are you sitting in a submarine?
          Yeah, let's not whine too much... Although the Honolulu thing is balanced out quite nicely by the submarine thing.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Yeah yeah, I know: hawaii... Not on a sub now, I'm on shore duty finally. 12 on 12 off shifts though at the comms center. It's not ALL bad. It WAS a great game though!!

~Mike

HOSS1961

Yeah yeah, I know: hawaii... Not on a sub now, I'm on shore duty finally. 12 on 12 off shifts though at the comms center. It's not ALL bad. It WAS a great game though!!
              Yes it was! And after the Pats get stripped of their other tainted Super Bowl victories it will be much sweeter...like that is gonna happen Wink
              HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured