Anyone travel with Gu in their hand luggage recently? (Read 618 times)

derek

As I start making my mental list of what I need to take in my hand luggage when I fly to Chicago for my marathon, I was wondering if anyone here has traveled with packets of Gu gel (or similar products) in their hand luggage. The gel packets are 1.1oz so they are within the limits specified by the TSA, but they are also wrapped in what looks like a metallic-like package so I was wondering if the TSA would have a problem with it. I'll have some in my checked luggage, but I was also hoping to take everything I would need for my marathon in my hand luggage.

Derek

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep, many times. I keep forgetting I have one and it goes through xray no problem. Sure does give you confidence, eh?
        My mental list -Sealed HE Dentures Big grin -Sealed HE Fake eyeball Black eye -Disposable Camera Wink -Sturdy metal spectacles Cool

Vim

Carl A

If they get confiscated, you can probably buy new ones at the expo.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I brought 6 packets with me to a distant marathon. They TSA guy examined it like a doctor reading about drug dosage and let it through eventually. I guess he just hadn't seen anything like it.