Handy Runner Lite (for Android) (Read 2557 times)

KentP

Tried again on "Lite" program...now getting:  "Failed to get event types" on that one as well.
    derek

Tried again on "Lite" program...now getting:  "Failed to get event types" on that one as well.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce your issue.  My guess is that it has something to do with your log.  Perhaps a particular type of event you have configured or a workout that has something unusual about it, or something along those lines, but unfortunately, your log isn't public so I can't peruse it to see if there is anything unusual.

Please note...I'm not saying your log is bad or anything.  I'm saying that I'm getting something from RA that I'm not handling correctly.

Derek

Derek

KentP

I can certainly make my log public if that would help...and if you would tell me how to do that.  I assume I could make it private after you get the information you need?  Please advise, Derek.

k.p.

KentP

Okay, Derek...my log is now public.
          derek

Okay, Derek...my log is now public.

Took a look.  Go ahead and  make it private again.  The runs looks normal enough.  I saw you had a bunch of "Weights" workouts.  I'll do some tests to see if that is possibly causing an issue.

Derek

Derek

KentP

I'll be anxious for the next determination.  Would really  like to have this work on my EVO.
              KentP

By the way, Erik, if the weight training data is the problem, just tell me if there is something I can do on my end to eliminate it from the equation or whatever.  I would be happy to adjust what's on my RunningAhead log settings, etc. in order for the runs to  move over to the EVO.  Pleae advise..
                bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I saw you had a bunch of "Weights" workouts.  I'll do some tests to see if that is possibly causing an issue.

Derek

I too have "Weights" entries and the same challenge being described (regarding recent workouts not listing).  I'm on a Motorola Cliq running Android 1.5. 

I'll be upgrading to another device (Android 2.1) later this week and will let you know if the trouble persists.

Per earlier note, I can still post workouts successfully though it generates a "Force close" event. 

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I too have "Weights" entries and the same challenge being described (regarding recent workouts not listing).  I'm on a Motorola Cliq running Android 1.5. 

I'll be upgrading to another device (Android 2.1) later this week and will let you know if the trouble persists.

Per earlier note, I can still post workouts successfully though it generates a "Force close" event. 

Just a follow-up.  I'm now using an Android 2.1 device and have reproduced the same challenge. 

Workouts post successfully but cause a "force close' on the application. 

Weekly run stats populate on first page but lower section says "Failed to retrieve recent workouts."

Still love the app even with this minor inconvenience.

KentP

Derek..

Wondered if you think this can be fixed ...or should I just forget it?

Thanks for your efforts..

k.p.

derek

Kent,

I tried to reproduce it to see if a weights entry causes an issue, but it works OK for me.  I will continue to investigate, but to be honest, unless I can figure out a way to reproduce the problem, it'll be tough to fix it.

Derek

Derek

derek

Derek..

Just wanted to let you know that with a little help from Eric, I was able to reproduce and fix the problem.  It'll be reflected in the next version I put out.

The problem was the fact that the strength workout didn't have a "duration" 

Derek

Derek

derek

I had the same issue--I used that little plus sign thinking I was adding tenths of a mile when I was really only adding hundredths.

Here is my wish list so far:

1.) I'd like to see a pulldown menu for route, or even a text field to enter a route name.

2.) The distance field goes to the hundredths of a mile (but it doesn't indicate hundredths so you think it's tenths) meaning you have to scroll through a lot of numbers to enter a value like 3.5 miles.  I'd prefer it round to the tenth or just be able to enter the value manually.  Or at least give you the .01 display so you can tell it's hundredths.

3.) It would be really nice to be able to switch between miles and km when entering a distance.

4.) The ratings fields (quality and effort) are fairly useless to me--I never use them--but they appear right in the middle so I have to scroll past them to get to the notes box.  I inadvertently hit one of the stars and set an "effort" value for a workout and there doesn't seem to be any way to make that go away.  Once it's set, it can't be unset.  I'd prefer to not even see that field but if other people like it then a way to close it so I don't accidentally hit a star would be good.

You may be happy to know that I just released version 1.1.0 which addresses all of your concerns above except for #4.

For #4, I'll probably make the ratings panel collapsible and that way, if you collapse it, it'll stay collapsed until such time that you expand it.  I'll look into doing that for the next release.

Derek

Derek

derek

I just released version 1.1.0 to the Android Market which includes a fix for this issue.

Derek

Derek

derek

As an FYI....if you don't see version 1.1.0 immediately, check the market in a couple hours or tomorrow.  It may take a short while for the release to appear for you

Derek

Derek