Handy Runner Lite (for Android) (Read 2557 times)

mikeymike

Nice.  I just downloaded the update, messing with it now.  It looks great.  Thanks, Derek!

Runners run

KentP

It works for me too, Derek.  Thanks much.   As an aside, I had both Handy Runner Lite and the bigger GPS app on my device.  It wouldn't work until I deleted the GPS version.
        New android phone, excited to finally get a chance to try out the app.

I'm seeing a couple weird things though with both lite and normal...first, it successfully grabs my RA data it looks like, but the recent workouts doesn't show anything after May. The second thing is that for some reason it won't let me add a new workout of the Run type, but works fine with the others (the Save button is greyed out for Run only). Is there something I'm missing here or is this some sort of glitch?

~J

derek

New android phone, excited to finally get a chance to try out the app.

I'm seeing a couple weird things though with both lite and normal...first, it successfully grabs my RA data it looks like, but the recent workouts doesn't show anything after May. The second thing is that for some reason it won't let me add a new workout of the Run type, but works fine with the others (the Save button is greyed out for Run only). Is there something I'm missing here or is this some sort of glitch?

For a Run type, you must also specify a distance and duration.  Once you do that, the Save button will enable.

Derek

cross posting this from the suggestion forum thread as it seems no one takes a look there.

The lite app is great to be able to enter a run and see recent runs.  One problem I am running into though is with the recent workouts data.  While the data is correct, the dates of the workouts are off by 6 weeks or so.  RA is showing the correct dates, but app is not - it is showing dates in May for July runs.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

You may be happy to know that I just released version 1.1.0 which addresses all of your concerns above except for #4.

You may be happy to know I upgraded from version 1.0 to 1.1 and from 4 stars to 5.

Great success!

Thank you Eric :-) & Derek!

KentP

Maybe somebody can help me with a Handy Runner Lite issue.  I get no details transfered over from my RunningAhead log regarding weight lifting. (Running information is transferring just fine).

What fields must be filled out on RunningAhead (for weights) in order for the information to show on the handheld?   All I get on the handheld is the icon (barbell), date & time. So, it's showing that I lifted..but no information about the workout. 

I would prefer to keep it off the EVO altogether if I can't get some meaningful information to show up.  Any way to do that?

Lazy idiot

I thought someone somewhere along the line said something about "duration".  Maybe I'm misremembering, though.

Tick tock

You Are Beautiful.

I'm going to go get it right now! <3 Android

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                    Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

derek

All I get on the handheld is the icon (barbell), date & time. So, it's showing that I lifted..but no information about the workout. 

I would prefer to keep it off the EVO altogether if I can't get some meaningful information to show up.  Any way to do that?

If you getting the entry being listed along with the date and time, then it's working just fine.  The only additional info I would display if it's available is the duration.  For a strength, I don't display anything else.  Just as for a run, all I display is date and time, distance, and pace.  I don't display other details like the route or equipment.

It is certainly possible for me to display additional details when you click an entry, but I haven't implemented it.

Derek

KentP

Thanks again for all you do, Derek.  It's just great to have the most vital RA info. mirrored on the EVO ...because of  your HandyRunner Lite app.
                          Through a little trial and error in trying to get my data to sync from RA to Handy Runner correctly - I can across an error tonight in how the data syncs.  I noticed that workouts that did not have a entry in the "Time of Day" field on RA do not sync properly to Handy Runner.  These workouts were syncing with the correct distance, time of workout, type of workout, but incorrect workout date (the year was coming down as 27218 and the month/day were off as well).  Once I went in and added a time in the "Time of Day" field in RA the workouts synced properly.  Not sure if this was account specific to me, or if is something that might be effecting others as well.
                          derek

I noticed that workouts that did not have a entry in the "Time of Day" field on RA do not sync properly to Handy Runner.  These workouts were syncing with the correct distance, time of workout, type of workout, but incorrect workout date (the year was coming down as 27218 and the month/day were off as well). .

Thanks for this info.  I'll try and fix this for the next version I release

Derek

tomrunz

This is a great app - Wow! I'm using it on a new T-Mobile Vibrant (Samsung Galaxy S, Android 2.1).

My only issue so far is the display of the ratings stars. The screen (even in landscape mode) shows only 6 of the possible 10 stars. It appears to scroll as you "light up" the stars, but since they are identical it's impossible to know how many stars are lit beyond 6.

Can you maybe make the stars smaller so all 10 will fit?

Thanks for a great addition to my Running Ahead log.

Tom
                              cmahood

Derek,
                                I just installed this on my HTC Evo 4G w/ 2.2.

The app runs, but it is not getting any satellites, even though GPS is on and works with other apps.  The staus icon is grey, not red,yellow or green.

Any ideas?