What races are you currently registered for? (Read 1066 times)

Wasatch Speedgoat

Also forgot to say Good Luck to all running New Bedford! That was my favorite half back when i lived in the Boston area...ran a 76:08 there in 1981, which is still my PB. My strategy there was always take it easy in the first three miles (slightly uphill), then when you turn the corner run the next 8 miles as hard as you can (downhill), then survive the final 2 mile uphill. I always ran well there using that strategy and ran my PB 10 mile time at that race in 2001 at 57:14. I miss the road scene in Boston, I was an runner with the CSU in the 70's through the 90's, with a small stint with the IATC, which I started with another Bud. CSU was always my competitive team, though. Steve

Life is short, play hard!

* Registered for March 3/17 8K Hope River Run (www.hoperiverrun.com)* 3/24 5K Run to Joes (www.runtojoes.com)* 3/31 Hank 4 mile run (www.h-a-n-k.org)* April 4/14 Hit the Bricks 5K (www.fwrunco.com/hitthebricks/index.htm) or Runaway Train Half Marathon (http://www.thrustonracing.com/calendar.html) 4/28 Fort Worth Zoo Run 10K (www.fortworthzoo.com/visit/zoorun.html) November 11/22 Fort Worth Turkey Trot 10K December 12/9 White Rock Half Marathon or Marathon?

Vim

mikeymike

Thanks Steve, I'm psyched for NB...can't beleive this will be my first time running it. It's been on my list every year and something always came up. Bummer is we're having a major Nor'Easter today and tonight--hopefully it turns to rain and washes away down there. Sunday looks okay for racing just cold and windy, so if the roads are clear of snow and ice we should be okay. I worked out for a bit with the IATC as it was winding down and dying. Bill Squires was briefly coaching them so I wound up basically having him as my one-on-one coach for the summer of '02. That was cool experience.

Runners run

5k in Southie before the St. Patty's Day parade on Sunday. Big Lake Half Marathon around Lake Winnepesauke on May 12th. Those are the only ones paid forSmile
            I am registered for the ING Georgia Marathon that is on 03-28-07. Races I haven't registered for yet that are on my schedule: Half Marathon in Charlotte, NC that's in April sometime A couple of 10K's that I run every spring plus a few 5K's Richmond Suntrust marathon- Nov Atlanta Half Marathon- Nov I usually sign up for raecs well in advance to go ahead and get that part out of the way so I can concentrate on training- I guess I am being slack this year.
            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

Wasatch Speedgoat

Thanks Steve, I'm psyched for NB...can't beleive this will be my first time running it. It's been on my list every year and something always came up. Bummer is we're having a major Nor'Easter today and tonight--hopefully it turns to rain and washes away down there. Sunday looks okay for racing just cold and windy, so if the roads are clear of snow and ice we should be okay. I worked out for a bit with the IATC as it was winding down and dying. Bill Squires was briefly coaching them so I wound up basically having him as my one-on-one coach for the summer of '02. That was cool experience.
              Enjoy that awesome race....I remember running one year at NB and finishing with the front half of me completely covered in snow! Nice thing is it's a big city and the roads should be clear. I am one of the founders of the IATC back in '81. Me and Bobby McCarthy. Bob was the president and I was the VP and newsletter editor. Eventually the club got so big, we backed out and let others run it. I haven't been able to find anything on them, so I guess they dissolved. Too bad, it was a good club back then with Jack Dempsey as our coach. We had a lot of fun at the Somerville Pub Races, where i grew up... Kick butt on Sunday! Steve

I'm registered for: La Jolla Half Marathon, April 22 San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon, June 3 will be registering for America's Finest City Half Marathon, August 19 Silver Strand Half Marathon, November and a fall marathon

Jennifer mm#1231

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

ran a 76:08 there in 1981, which is still my PB... ran my PB 10 mile time at that race in 2001 at 57:14.
                  Steve, those are some solid PB's. Shocked Nice work! Big grin You know, you can retroactively add races to your log to record your PR's. I added some races from the 80's and 90's to fill out my PR log. Since I'm not in any shape to set any now Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Wasatch Speedgoat

That was a loooooong time ago! hat was my best year ever, running a 4:55 mile later on in May. I think I ran around 100 MPW, mostly slow (8mpm) with one race a week at Fresh Pond. Today I'm a slow ultrarunner who's trying to get some speed back after just jogging for the past 5 years...hoping to age group in my races this year. I can't see any reason to add races I've run 26 years ago Shocked

madness baby

La Jolla Half Marathon, April 22 America's Finest City Half Marathon, August 19
                      I'd love to do both of these two, but think I will have to just wait until the race in August. It is probably HOT in San Diego then. Hope the race starts early!
                      deb
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I can't see any reason to add races I've run 26 years ago Shocked
                        I think this is a good point, and I'm torn about it myself. But I figured that right now at age 36, some of those old times are within reach over the next couple years if I dedicate myself to a 2~3 year plan. So I'm using it as a reminder to myself to say, "hey, you can do this again." We'll see how that goes -- I might be better served by not looking backwards. Ask me about it in year. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Boston Marathon Cool
                            Registered for La Jolla HM, San Diego 4-22 RnR Marathon, San Deigo 6-3 Going to register for Bay/Bridge Run/Walk 4mi, San Diego 5-20 Looking at events in Aug/Sept. Probably somewhere away from San Diego.
                              I'd love to do both of these two, but think I will have to just wait until the race in August. It is probably HOT in San Diego then. Hope the race starts early!
                              Actually, I've done the AFC the last few years and it hasn't been hot at all. I don't even think it hit 70. Besides, it's right along the Harbor and it's always cooler and breezy down there. Then again, people were complaining that it was hot at the Rock n Roll and I think it got to 70 maybe 72 last year? I guess that's hot for the cooler weather people who came from afar. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

Imminent Catastrophe

registered: ING Georgia Marathon-next Sunday Twisted Ankle HM-May Peachtree Road Race 10k-July Entered in the Lottery: New York City Marathon-November Planned, not registered yet: Country Music Marathon-April Flying Pig Marathon-May Deadwood Marathon-June Crater Lake Marathon-August Loch Ness Marathon-October Still thinking about November

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016