Cortisone shot for Insertional Achilles Tendinitis? (Read 2595 times)

Sado

Derek,

Can I just ask if you had your shot ...what happened etc. are you back to running now - any problems?

I am in the same situation as yourself. Pain at back of heel, stiff and painful cannot run but ok for day-to-day.  Had physio, accupuncture and ultrasound, exercises etc. no improvement.  I have been offered the shot and just wondered before proceeding whether this has cured your problems?

Thanks

Sally

Richardabell

Hello

i am battling with same problem..no bone damage but high arches

May i ask if you went ahead with the cortisone shot and did it work please.?

Rich

Durban South Africa

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Rich, you might want to send Derek a message since this thread is so old.

I was in South Africa last month - such a beautiful country!

Richardabell

Thanks for the reply Sally!

I have messaged Derek so will await his reply.

Happy you enjoyed SA.

Did you do the cortisone shot.?

Rich

SMART Approach

Hello

i am battling with same problem..no bone damage but high arches

May i ask if you went ahead with the cortisone shot and did it work please.?

Rich

Durban South Africa

How long have you had this issue? If a longer period of time, it is likely tendonosis vs tendonitis. Even if tendonitis, I would not have cortisone injected in or around the achilles tendon. PRP is an option or  Tenex but probably at last resort......but if tendonosis you do need to get on a negative resistance (eccentric) strengthening program and work it hard for 3 months.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com