Double-tapping to select text (Read 54 times)

I have iPhone/iPad with iOS7. I should be able to select/highlight a word in the editor by double-tapping on it. This no longer works in RA - stopped a few weeks ago I think. I have not changed devices or iOS versions. Was there a change in the editor that caused this? (And can it be fixed?) Not sure if others are having the same problem.

Thanks!

Dave

shu_runner

I've had similar issues.  Also, when attempting to reply, I've had the text just stop working causing me to have to click "Done", and click back into the reply box to finish typing. (also using an iPhone w/ iOS7)

eric :)

Hi DaveP MI,

I updated the latest version of the text editor several weeks ago to add support for the latest touch devices.  That must have caused the problem.  I'll research the problem and go from there.

eric Smile

Thanks Eric, keep us posted.

There are some other occasional glitches in the editor - at times when I tap to place the cursor somewhere in the text, the cursor will not go there, and only goes back to the beginning of the text box. Other times (usually) this works fine.

Not sure if iOS8 makes a difference, but I am unable to upgrade on either device due to insufficient memory.

Dave