Culinary/Dietary Routines.... (Read 161 times)

Better I Leave

Just wondering if any of you folks have a "routine" when it comes to your meals. I know I do. For a couple of years now my breakfasts, snacks, and lunches have pretty much been the same. It goes...

Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee, 16 ounces of water w/ unflavored whey protein isolate and psyllium fiber

10AM snack: Pure Protein bar and 16 oz unsweetened green tea

Lunch: 16 ounces of water w/ unflavored whey protein isolate and psyllium fiber

2PM snack: Pure Protein bar and 16 oz unsweetened green tea

Dinner varies as to what I feel like cooking and usually accompanied with a glass of red wine....or two....ok, sometimes three. **grin**

Butter Tart

Breakfast - 80% of the time it's porridge, milk, 1/2 grapefruit, coffee

Morning Snack - 3/4 cup plain yogurt with fruit (usually blueberries)

Lunch - varies. Always vegetarian/pescetarian. Involves lots of vegetables (2-3 cups).

Afternoon Snack - 1/4 cup nuts and a bit of dried fruit

Supper - varies. Can include meat.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The things that are most routine for me is 16oz of coffee first thing, with either an ounce of heavy cream or 2oz half-n-half.  Bedtime snack is generally a big salad (3C romaine...typically topped with shredded cheese, bacon pieces, and ranch.  Sometimes some walnuts and/or a HB egg).

Everything in between varies, but I start and finish my day pretty much the same most days.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Eat when hungry, drink to thirst Smile

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Coffee.

Nice assortment of real food.

Alcohol.

steph  

Snowdenrun

For quite a while now my breakfast has been a piece of toast with peanut butter and honey. It's so yummy I don't think about getting much else and it keeps my going through my coffee and run til I come home and cook lunch.

Lunch lately has been 2 fried eggs and 1 or 2 sausage links.

I snack a lot but try to keep it to fruit and nuts or granola bars.

Dinner varies a lot.

I'm really boring when it comes to this stuff; I actually like to eat basically the same thing every day.

Breakfast - chocolate soy milk + Clif Builder's bar

Snack - raw vegetables + hummus, or a piece of fruit + some nuts

Lunch - peanut butter and honey sandwich on wheat bread

Snack - Clif bar

Dinner - Usually a rice/bean/seitan burrito, vegetable stir-fry, or pizza.

Gin & tonics on weekends, dark chocolate or cookies after dinner every day.

sugnim

The only routine I have is a cup of coffee in the morning.  After that, I go for mostly healthy, mostly home made, and mostly made of whole foods.

sugnim

(duplicate post)

Better I Leave

Coffee.

Nice assortment of real food.

Alcohol.

**giggle**

kateruns

Yes, I definitely seem to eat the same foods over and over again.

Breakfast is typically a green smoothie for me.

Lunch a salad or sandwich

dinner hopefully a variation Smile

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

cmb4314

Breakfast:  Half a bagel with cream cheese, 6 oz yogurt, cup of green tea, glass of juice.  I should probably ditch the juice, but I like it and I figure that drinking 100 calories a day of 100%, no sugar added juice isn't going to kill me.

Lunch:  Leftovers from dinner, and if there are no leftovers (this is rare because we intentionally make enough food for leftovers) I make a spinach salad with some feta, almonds, and tomato.  A handful of baby carrots.  A piece of fruit.  Some low calorie sweet bite (usually a  chocolate flavored rice cake).

Snack:  Handful of nuts, if I need it and am home to get it

Dinner:  Varies.  Depends on how much time we have, and what we feel like making.  While breakfast and lunch are very formulaic for me, dinner we change it up a lot.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just wondering if any of you folks have a "routine" when it comes to your meals. I know I do. For a couple of years now my breakfasts, snacks, and lunches have pretty much been the same. It goes...

Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee, 16 ounces of water w/ unflavored whey protein isolate and psyllium fiber

10AM snack: Pure Protein bar and 16 oz unsweetened green tea

Lunch: 16 ounces of water w/ unflavored whey protein isolate and psyllium fiber

2PM snack: Pure Protein bar and 16 oz unsweetened green tea

When do you eat food?

Better I Leave

When do you eat food?

You selectively quoted me...Why?

A Saucy Wench

You selectively quoted me...Why?

Perhaps because not one thing you listed was actual food? Although we all know trent has read your other thread which does indeed contain food.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7