What a crazy world we live in!! (Read 1095 times)

Coach

The High Temperature today here in Wyoming is supposed to be 38 degrees! It is currently about 32 and partly cloudy. For me that is a heat wave I'm I'm planning a long run after work and I can't wait. Tell me about the weather where you are: http://obsessedrunner.blogspot.com
    My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

4 degrees F and windy in southern Maine.
        Well today in NJ the high was 22. And this is officially the coldest day so far. I know some of you might be in shorts with this weather, but still! I skipped running today and tried my first spinning class. Awesome!
        obiebyke

Windy and rainy in the San Francisco Bay Area today. But not really cold, thank goodness.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

High today in Miami was only 59 and really windy. I know that's warm for everyone else, but it's pretty darn cold for us. Wonderful running weather though!
              4 degrees F and windy in southern Maine.
              *shutter*

Maniac

Low 70's and sunny here in suburban Phoenix. Gotta love it.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Here in Pittsburgh, it' was def. below 20 when I ran after work. I was looking forward to a 6 miler, as I was too exhausted to run yesterday. I mapped a new course and was excited to run it (4 loops in a tony neighborhood [not mine] @ 1.5 miles each.) But halfway through the first lap, my hands were in PAIN from cold. I had gloves, but obviously too thin. I stopped after one loop, the left hand was so painful. It took me a couple minutes (NOT exaggerating) to warm them enough to be able to pull the micro zipper pull on my jacket to get to my car keys. I swear, I was considering walking up to one the houses for help. That would have been awkward: "Hi. Cold hands. Can you help me with my zipper?" Odd. It was mostly the left hand, but finally, using teeth to pull the gloves off, I managed to get the zipper pull. Note to self: add loops to zipper pull. It was seriously the coldest my left hand had ever been and I fish for steelhead in the winter.
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

Low 70's and sunny here in suburban Phoenix. Gotta love it.
                    Believe it or not, I would NEVER want to live in Phoenix. I love Maine! We live on three acres in the woods, adjacent to the Royal River. In the winter, it is indescribably gorgeous. Actually, in the summer, it is, too. Those scenes in the LL Bean catalogs are shot just a few miles from our house. We've lived here 12 years, and every time I go to the mailbox, I think, "I can't believe we get to live here!" I also love running in cold weather - that's why I'm trying to build up my base before I "have" to run when it's 70 degrees - ych! I guess that's why I moved from Texas to Maine, lol. Teresa
                    db7

South of you in Colorado it was a balmy 30 with the same clouds. No wind though!! DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran for an hour in very windy weather...I think windchill was ~10, actual air temps ~25. I was pretty comfy, though. It was a pretty invigorating run. The only downside was being out after dusk with a VERY bright LED blinky device and STILL having cars refuse to give me any room on unplowed shoulders. 6 of 7 cars wouldn't budge even half a lane over when no other cars were coming. Angry I'd love some sort of device that could immobilize engines--that'd learn 'em! Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

9°F this morning...in Georgia! 9° in Georgia is really cold! Plus, it was windy. We ain't used to that here in these parts.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

pandajenn19

Yesterday morning it was 8 degrees, and the high on Sunday is supposed to be 62. Roll eyes It was about 30 during my run a couple of hours ago. Kirsten, the same thing happens to me often on my bike. There won't be a car coming for miles, but cars will essentially try to push me off the road. I know they do it on purpose because they don't want cyclists on the road, and it is incredibly dangerous.

12 Squared

28 Down in Dixie. After yesterday it was the treadmill for me. Yesterday was 17 with windchill. Global warming in Birmingham?
                              If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra

Another Passion

I ran for an hour in very windy weather...I think windchill was ~10, actual air temps ~25. I was pretty comfy, though. It was a pretty invigorating run. The only downside was being out after dusk with a VERY bright LED blinky device and STILL having cars refuse to give me any room on unplowed shoulders. 6 of 7 cars wouldn't budge even half a lane over when no other cars were coming. Angry I'd love some sort of device that could immobilize engines--that'd learn 'em! Evil grin
                                Actual temp was 18 with wind chill of 6 this evening on my run. My face stung a bit on my southward run into the 20+ mph wind, but I felt like Mercury when I turned around and ran with it! It was exhilarating and invigorating, like your's Kirsten. And, I'm with you... what's up with these frikkin' motorists?!? Seems to me, when I went through driver's ed, pedestrians had the right of way and you yielded to them. I've actually ripped a shirt sleeve from getting hung up on a mailbox because an oncoming car would give me no love!! It was either that or end up next to the dead possum on the shoulder. There's just no courtesy for runners/walkers/cyclists anymore. And how bout those yeawhos that hang out the window and scream at you as they pass by?!? Grrr! Angry

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com