Mizuno Wave Inspire (Read 443 times)

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Is it possible that your ankles hurt because of the lack of support?  From my understanding, the LunarGlides are a less supportive shoe than the Inspires.   At least, that is my impression since the Inspires are enough shoe for me, and I'm a pretty serious overpronator (my holy grail shoes are Brooks Adrenalines)

If that is the case, you could try the LunarEclipse.  They are a step up in support from the LunarGlides.

That's so weird because I had the Adrenalines as my first running shoe ever.

I went from

Brooks Adrenalines

Saucony Progrid

Mizuno Wave Inspire

Nike Lunarglide

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Maybe someone can help assess what shoe is right for me?

I weigh 150 lbs, 5'6", neutral feet, normal arches, going to use shoes for marathon training and racing

I think I have neutral feet, I land midfoot to the front balls of my feet right behind my toes

This is one of the most confusing threads ever. I've read it 6 times now. 

You seem to have tried a bunch of shoes. Have any of those worked for you? If so, go with them. If you're hung up on the Nike+, you can always attach the pod thingy to whatever shoe you want. You can do a little surgery (slice the tongue, slip the pod in there - sounds HOT! - and close it up with a pin).

Anyway, carry on.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        Troy.

This is one of the most confusing threads ever. I've read it 6 times now. 

Six times? Well, there's time you'll never get back.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

Lazy idiot

Maybe someone can help assess what shoe is right for me?

I weigh 150 lbs, 5'6", neutral feet, normal arches, going to use shoes for marathon training and racing

I think I have neutral feet, I land midfoot to the front balls of my feet right behind my toes

Get yourself an early Christmas present: go to your nearest running specialty shop and have them fit you and try on a ton of different shoes.  They're the experts, and can give you the best advice based on your answers to the questions they'll ask, the stuff you've said here, and watching you walk/run.

Trust them, they're running shoe experts.

Tick tock

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Get yourself an early Christmas present: go to your nearest running specialty shop and have them fit you and try on a ton of different shoes.  They're the experts, and can give you the best advice based on your answers to the questions they'll ask, the stuff you've said here, and watching you walk/run.

Trust them, they're running shoe experts.

That's the plan when I go back into town for Christmas break in a couple weeks! I'll do a follow up for you guys about what they say.

For the record, this is the ONLY place I will go for running shoes and gear, if you are in the KC area ever stop by Garry Gribbles!

http://www.garrygribbles.com/

Why is it sideways?

front balls of my feet right behind my toes

What?

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

What?

I take it that's not good? I suppose it would technically be called forefoot striking... close to the toes than midfoot, but not on toes...

Why is it sideways?

I just had a funny mental image of the front balls of your feet.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I just had a funny mental image of the front balls of your feet.

I'll warn you, I've been told I have Hobbit feet..

According to Brooks, the most similar Nike shoe is the Structrue triax+ 14.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/Brand-Comparison-Chart/brand_comparison_chart,default,pg.html

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

According to Brooks, the most similar Nike shoe is the Structrue triax+ 14.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/Brand-Comparison-Chart/brand_comparison_chart,default,pg.html

+A BILLION! Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for!