Counterfeit Bibs (Read 459 times)

henryc

If that is your fetish anything is possible with enough money.

Boston Thong

Feeling the growl again

what are you doing wastng time reading and posting on a RUNNING  message board when there are so many more serious issues to deal with?  Why do you waste time running when you could work a second job to feed the hungry?

Jesus you people are sanctimonious.

Do you feel better about yourself now that spent hours coming through marathon photo to "catch" "cheaters" Seriously, is your life that empty?

You realize there are tons of horrible stuff going on in the world. To get upset about this…to spend anytime on it all shows some serious misplaced priorities.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

Boston Thong

Oh, I missed my chance.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Oh, I missed my chance.

I've seen the picture.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Kalsarikännit

If that is your fetish anything is possible with enough money.

On Monday I was asked to hold a guy's junk while ringing a cowbell.

I did it for free.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

bhearn

You mean, you offered to hold lots of guys' junk.

Kalsarikännit

You mean, you offered to hold lots of guys' junk.

True, but that was for beer, so I guess that is a form of payment. The cowbell was just an added bonus.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Isn't there some saying about a pot and kettle that is appropriate here?

Jesus you people are sanctimonious.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Meh. She was an accepted registered runner.

...who obtained her bib fraudulently since women were not allowed to run Boston yet at that time. She used her first initial and last name on the entry form. Had she used her first name, it would have been obvious she was female and her entry would have been rejected.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

...who obtained her bib fraudulently since women were not allowed to run Boston yet at that time. She used her first initial and last name on the entry form. Had she used her first name, it would have been obvious she was female and her entry would have been rejected.

Not exactly.

"We checked the rule book and entry form; there was nothing about gender in the marathon. I filled in my AAU number, plunked down $3 cash as entry fee, signed as I always sign my name, “K.V. Switzer,” and went to the university infirmary to get a fitness certificate."

As Bugs would say, there's nothing in the rule book that says an elephant can't play.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

What is your point? If it is to equate what she did to what this year's bib counterfeiters did, I only hope you are not serious.

Dave

As Bugs would say, there's nothing in the rule book that says an elephant can't play.

I was thinking more about the movie Babe.

Dave

--  All aside, I'm still stuck on how the founder of FourSquare, a multimllionaire, finds it "easier" to get a fake bib printed up for his wife, instead of coming up with about 5K for one of the many Charity slots.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

bap

She wasn't required to use her first name at the time. She was also an hour slower than the first female finisher, who pirated the race.

Certified Running Coach
                              Crocked since 2013

--  All aside, I'm still stuck on how the founder of FourSquare, a multimllionaire, finds it "easier" to get a fake bib printed up for his wife, instead of coming up with about 5K for one of the many Charity slots.

What part of this are you stuck on?

The money was not the problem--you could not write a check and get a charity bib, it didn't work that way at all. There were not enough charity bibs for the number of people willing to raise the money. The charities held application processes and interviews etc., and, incidentally, the quota for most of the charities was a lot higher than $5k this year.

Runners run