Garmin decision (Read 67 times)

MonkeyBunny

My 310xt has a cracked screen.  My options are:

1. Get it refurbed for $99 - how long will this take? 
    2. Buy a brand new one for $200
    3. Buy a different Garmin - for the record, I had the 405 and it was a Total POS so I don't want to go thru that again.  If I buy a different Garmin, which one?

Houston Marathon 1-13-13

Rock n Roll St. Pete Half 2-10-13

Gasparilla 15K 2-23-13

Armadillo 10K 3-9-13

Ogden Marathon 5-18-13

Steamtown?

Baystate?

The Goal:  Boston Marathon 4-20-15

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

If you value reasonable elevation data and have the bucks, consider the 910XT... has a real barometer to measure elevation. Most GPS watches use the GPS data to get elevation and GPS is terrible at that. Even using elevation correction on Sporttracks (after the fact) has issues because it cannot account for man-made structures or mountain cut passes.

If elevation data is not important, then there are cheaper options... I'd likely consider a referb... as the 310 is a good unit (from what I've heard... no first-hand experience).

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Turn around from Garmin on a refurb is really quick.

My 310xt has a cracked screen.  My options are:

1. Get it refurbed for $99 - how long will this take? 
        2. Buy a brand new one for $200
        3. Buy a different Garmin - for the record, I had the 405 and it was a Total POS so I don't want to go thru that again.  If I buy a different Garmin, which one?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life