Happy Hour Runners - January! (Read 627 times)

This thread is for runners who want to encourage each other in their efforts and possibly hold each other accountable. We're transferring this group from CR Newbie Cafe. But newcomers and old timers (if they track us down Wink )are always welcome. willmary (Do you like my new name?) -- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
      Post by Hopeful that I copied from our old location (sorry I missed this before e-mailing you): Hi you guys!! I hope you consider moving over to runningahead - but I'll understand as this is a nice site too. Most of my other "threads" and buddies are over there though. Here is my race report: We almost didn't make it to this race as I got a bit lost trying to find the place!! But - we made it to the State Park in time, paid my $24 for an annual sticker, found a parking spot on a snow bank - thankful that I drove my 4 wheel drive truck and trotted over to the start line. The temp was 27 degrees with a stiff wind out of the North plummeting the wind chill to a point that I'd rather not know what it was. Having been sick for the past couple of weeks, I really didn't have any goal other than to finish and start the New Year off on the right foot. This was a simple out and back course on a flat road, but with the fresh snow fall, it was a bit like running in soft sometimes slippery sand. I just got in the back of the pack and tried to keep a steady pace. The first mile was 9:42 with 169 HR. This is faster than I have been running lately, so I thought I may need to slow down a tad. 2nd mile was 9:59 - 176 HR as we hit the turn around point at 1.5 miles and started to deal with the head wind. I have now spotted a familiar jacket that was ahead of me at the Trail Run in November. I thought if I could just run steady, I might be able to take her - always good to have a goal. About a quarter of a mile from the finish I took her and started to feel a bit sick to my stomach - in a sick sort of way I knew this was good because I was giving it all I had. Finished mile 3 with a 9:26 - 178HR. The last little sprint was mean as it went into the woods a bit and the snow was deeper and hard to run in. I was giving it all I had when the familiar jacket passed me!! DRATS!! Other than red jacket passing me in the last sprint - I have to say it was quite enjoyable continually passing people throughout the whole race. Finish time 30:18 - 8th in my Age Group out of 13. Now I'm taking a bit of a hiatus trying to get rid of the cough. Michigan is suppose to have a warm spell, so I'll get back out there Saturday. Thanks for all your support!! ~Mary

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'm not WillMary - but I love your new name!! Big grin I love the fact that we are all on one site now too. Did you see my race report? I put it over on Kickrunners for you guys. ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

That's an awesome time in snowy conditions. The runners who entered must have been pretty hard core. Now we need the fashion report. Big grin I'm scheduled to run 2 miles as fast as I can tonight. It should be interesting. I've never done a workout like that before. I downloaded my log into the RA log. I've got quite a few things to figure out but it feels great to have a log again instead of just a spreadsheet. How do I get it to give me totals for 2007? Happy Friday Eve Smile (I think I like all these new smilies).

Bugs

how about we create a user group? It is so easy to find it then. Smile

Bugs

I'm not WillMary - but I love your new name!! Big grin I love the fact that we are all on one site now too. Did you see my race report? I put it over on Kickrunners for you guys. ~Mary
              I was trying to sign that first post. I guess I should have put ~willmary. I tried to get tenacious and Tencious as my name but they were used already. So you'll have to watch not to get me confused with them. I'm hoping they don't post that often.
                how about we create a user group? It is so easy to find it then. Smile
                That sounds good but would it make us exclusive? I've always thought it was pretty cool when old timers stopped by. Of course, that's not so likely to happen with the moves we've gone through.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oops - I read that wrong Tenacious1. You need to post an Avatar by your name now! Do we have to have a certain amount of members to be in a user group?

~Mary

~unknown

Oops - I read that wrong Tenacious1. You need to post an Avatar by your name now! Do we have to have a certain amount of members to be in a user group?
                    I"m still unpacking boxes from the move. Maybe next week. Remember how long it took me to post (with your help) pictures of the new great room?

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh but it is easy here - you can do it right from your computer hard drive instead of having to sign up for a service. I need to change mine - maybe my dance photo? HA!

~Mary

~unknown

But this is my work computer. I don't keep pictures on it normally. I'll see what I can do from home. Did Santa bring you a heart rate moniter?
                        obiebyke

Welcome, folks! I'd definitely start a public user group. Feel free to track down old friends using the general boards, but I think if every group does check-ins on the general forum, it's going to get bogged down...

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

But this is my work computer. I don't keep pictures on it normally. I'll see what I can do from home. Did Santa bring you a heart rate moniter?
                            Yes he did and I love it!! Santa also brought me a Wii game which I absolutely love - and am getting sore from playing it!! Lotsa fun!

~Mary

~unknown

Welcome, folks! I'd definitely start a public user group. Feel free to track down old friends using the general boards, but I think if every group does check-ins on the general forum, it's going to get bogged down...
                              Hi Obiebyke! Thanks for the welcome! I've got a lot to figure out. So a "public user group" is open to anyone? And I guess the user groups must be on a different server to take care of the bogging down you're concerned about?
                                Yes he did and I love it!! Santa also brought me a Wii game which I absolutely love - and am getting sore from playing it!! Lotsa fun!
                                Very cool. Have you figured out your max HR yet? What games to you have on the Wii. My SIL brought hers on vacation and I played tennis a little. I never got the hang of how it works. The kids played a lot -- bowling, boxing, tennis, and cowriding(?). What are you playing on it?