pain around medial malleolus (i think) (Read 46 times)

rolandas

Hello,

I'm 20 years old and recently started running couple times a week. But since last week around inner ankle ball started to hurt, i have no clue how that part is called, so i just show the picture.

It hurts already arround a week, and i cant say if the pain is less or more than before, it is quite the same.

While walking i barely feel it, but then i twist it or touch that area (red) i can feel that it is not okay.

Some information would be incredibly helpful as i'm quite lost here.

http://postimg.org/image/a876mjghv/

SMART Approach

It could just be a new stress from the pounding of running or some soft tissue irritation. Be sure to be gradual with your training and intensity. Get good shoes and also do ankle and lower leg strengthening and stretching. Google good stretches exercises. Also, it looks like you have good arches so my guess is that you don't overpronate but keep an eye on it. You could try an over the counter orthotic. You don't want it worsening. Get the area nice and loose warmed up (hot water with active ankle movements) before your next run (s) and ice 15 min after. It should resolve if you are smart about this.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com