Too much running... bad for you???? What's your opinion... (Read 1107 times)

Why is it sideways?

I had a similar experience, Jake, to yours. I had a twinge in my knee that was aggravated playing touch football. I took a week off, then tried running and it still hurt. Took another four days--same pain. So I decided to opt for active recovery--ran through the pain, and in two days the pain was gone. I should mention, though, that I stayed off the pavement and ran trails exclusively for the first week. Mike--I've always ascribed to the 6 days a week philosophy, but seems like a lot of folks are saying that a slow recovery run is better than a day off. Go figure.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I rested for a month on a pulled hammie. Then I said, like JN, screw it. I have run daily this week and it is feeling BETTER! Sheesh. Unlike sitting, the running stretches out the muscles. It keeps them moving and soft. Yes. Take a day off. But no more than one per week Big grin
      Chris UK

I'm a runner - I'm never going to stop. One day they'll find my body on some trail half-eaten by foxes. I don't care I'll be dead. I'm never going to stop. Except of course when its windy - I don't do wind. Blush

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

vicentefrijole

I'm a runner - I'm never going to stop. One day they'll find my body on some trail half-eaten by foxes. I don't care I'll be dead.
          Me too. Except it will be an alley in the city. And they will be rats. Tongue Dead Hmm... maybe I'll move to the country...
            Too much running? Roll eyes Wimp.
            I ownz all ur groopz, biznatches!

I don't run, I hop, mother@#$%@! Try and keep up, girls.

Hey, girly-girls and girly-boys: if you're in the wrong group cuz your ego (and maybe something else?) is that small and shriveled, than I fart in your general direction. Don't like it? Then come play.

Got a complaint? I can be reached at: pacebunniessuck@hotmail.com :)
            JakeKnight

What about running every day with no days off? Is that okay? Would running every day for, say, 12 or more days in a row be advisable? Or is that just crazy talk? Big grin
              Nah, that's just stupid. C'mon.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------