First time ever (Read 925 times)

This morning while I was going for my usual Friday run I noticed that way in the distance there was a couple of woman that I see regularly enjoying their morning run. It is a pretty hilly route that we take and you can't see who is ahead of you that well. So when I crested the next hill and I was about half the distance from them that I was I was surprised. I was even more surprised when about a mile later I passed them. I have never passed anyone when running. I checked my pace and it was a little faster than normal and the hills didn't seem to slow me. Look out here I come.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Reminds me of a race I ran this summer, Rose Maguire's Great Mill Girl Chase. The ladies get a 2:30 head start, and as advertised on the race site it's the longest 2:30 of your life. The object is to pass as many as you can, and I managed to catch all but 15 by the time the 5K was done. Lotsa fun. Nice work on the hills, keep it up!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Your username is quite right, then ! Big grin Great job !
        2009: BQ?