Cool Running log import (Read 5406 times)

Kenotic Runner

I'm a CR refugee myself. Black eye Not too excited about Active. 1) I can't enter cross-training workouts. Err, yesterday was skiing. 2) Nav sucks. Eric, how do I import my CR log here? Also, for what it's worth, I was able to properly log back into CR with my private password with: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=PapaBanucci;p=password Using my proper password of course. Would appreciate instructions on how to get the log imported.
    joboleff

Another CR refugee here! I am happy to have found you. Smile
      Kenotic Runner

How do I enter cross-training workouts not in the list, like skiing or hiking? Life is *much* more than the gym IMO.
          How do I enter cross-training workouts not in the list, like skiing or hiking? Life is *much* more than the gym IMO.
          Click Options->My Log Preferences. Then click the Other link and you can define your own custom workout types.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Kenotic Runner

Bonkin, thanks! I think this may work for me. OK, now how do I enter a custom cross-training workout. It didn't show up in the "New" menu. Also, how do I email Eric my training log to import? I have two years data from Cool Running.
              refugee here too, but think I'll like the new place. Smile I've never downloaded my CR workouts (I have ~3 yrs there).... Is there a way to upload the CR workouts into this site? I didn't see an answer to the subject thread.... thanks, -Karen

2008 Goals: 10k < 44, HM < 1:40, learn to use my Garmin

Kenotic Runner

Offthecouch, did you get your log exported? http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=PapaBanucci;p=password This is how I did it (but using my real password). I had two years data over there. Hopefully Running Ahead will have all the features I need.
                  Bonkin, thanks! I think this may work for me. OK, now how do I enter a custom cross-training workout. It didn't show up in the "New" menu. Also, how do I email Eric my training log to import? I have two years data from Cool Running.
                  Maybe - hit refresh? When I click the little down arrow next to New Run Entry - my custom workouts show up in the list. You can email eric by clicking the Feedback link in the lower right.

refugee here too, but think I'll like the new place. Smile I've never downloaded my CR workouts (I have ~3 yrs there).... Is there a way to upload the CR workouts into this site? I didn't see an answer to the subject thread.... thanks, -Karen
                    You cannot upload the CR workouts - you must ask eric to do it. Click the Feedback link below.

Kenotic Runner

Thanks. Refreshing the page (Ctrl + refresh) brought in the additional menu options. I'll contact Eric about uploading my log.
                      thomas07

Eric; I am also trying to recover from CR could you help me import my log??? Thanks Tom
                        VTLaura

I just wanted to post a public thank you to Eric for importing my CR log. I was a sad camper when I saw what a mess Active was, but I am thankful that I now have an even better running log than before!
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'll bet eric is writing some CR -> RA scripts Big grin
                            eric :)

I have the scripts, except they're not smart enough to deal with imperfect data, thus the manual massaging needed on my end for the import.
                              Kenotic Runner

My data looks great. This is better than CR!!! Smile Smile Smile Thank you for importing Eric!!!