Cool Running log import (Read 5406 times)

Bonestock GT

I to am coming from cool running. I sent an email with my log. Thanks for the effort on the importing.
    FastTalkingFatty

I am a CR refugee who will be asking for my log to be imported. I just got it thanks to the fancy footwork of my fellow refugees. Thank you all for helping with this transition. Eric, thank you in advance for importing my log.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

I'm another one of the new people. I sent my backup file from Coolrunning early this afternoon, and excited about getting it up and running here. I'll be patient, but I hope it doesn't take a few days. :-) - Patrick
        "Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos." - Don Kardong, 1976 U.S. Olympic Marathoner
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, everybody! It's really great that all you CoolRunning people found RunningAHEAD! I used CR for a few months, but made the switch here a while ago. Something y'all may not be aware of is the sheer volume of log import requests Eric is trying to process right now. He's just one person, and this is a hobby for him, not a full-time job. That means that all work done on this site has to be done on his evenings and weekends. So... if one person's log import takes him 15 minutes, and there are 100 logs to import ... *breaks out calculator* ... that's 25 hours worth of log import work. Eric said that he's doing them in the order received, so yes, if you're log # 80 or 90, it may take a few days. Hang in there and just log your new runs here on RunningAHEAD. It's worth the wait. Trust me. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Sent mine earlier. As a web & software developer, I can relate to how much work this must be for your Eric. I wish I could help. All I can say is that I really appreciate you doing this for us refugees. I'm glad that this is happening in a way because the cool running log wasn't even that great, was slow, etc. It looks like this log has a ton of advanced features and it loads very fast. I'm very excited about the GPS functionality as I just got my ForeRunner 305 for Christmas, and the cool running log didn't support it so I was looking for a new log anyway. SportTracks is nice too, but the web is where it's at and this seems to have most of the same features. Again, thanks for all your efforts and I will definitely try to donate after the holidays.
            FastTalkingFatty

For anyone having trouble getting their CR running log, there's hope. I emailed Amy.Steiner@activenetwork.com and asked for her to send me my log and she took care of it. I just received it as an email attachment from a coolrunning email address. I found her email on one of CR's forums discussing the transfer. As an aside, we refugees are a bit strung out, we know it is taking a tremendous amount of work on Eric's part and don't mean to be in any way pushy. We are just coming off a sharply tense moment when we realized that we had not only lost our beloved website but also our running logs to a corporation. A friend brought me back to reality when he noted the real tragedy would have been never to have had the actual mileage.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

Dave

Just a note of thanks after seeing my log recreated by Eric on RunningAHEAD. It is perfect and i'm grateful. I think RunningAHEAD is earning some serious loyalty and hopefully that will translate to ad revenue in the very near future. I wonder what would happen if there were a message board structure that mirrored the old Cool Running Boards? Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I think RunningAHEAD is earning some serious loyalty and hopefully that will translate to ad revenue in the very near future.
                  Eric doesn't have ads on the site currently. IMO - the best way to keep it that way is to donate to help make a dent in his bandwidth bill.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

dork.major dork.

Gratitude is TOTALLY outweighing the impatience. Eric, take your time. Enjoy the holidays. We'll stick around. Smile

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I wonder what would happen if there were a message board structure that mirrored the old Cool Running Boards? Evil grin
                      Not interested. I loved the CR community, don't get me wrong, there was TONS Of great information from people who practically invented the term "hardcore." You could get a kazillion of great responses on any question under the sun, and there were some hilarious threads. It kills me that the community has been decimated. But I like the supportive, tight and friendly atmosphere of this community too. I also like the fact that I can get through a whole thread here without having to read the phrase "respect the distance."
                      Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Not interested. But I like the supportive, tight and friendly atmosphere of this community too.
                        Erica ... I was really pleased to see your post - one of the key things (for me) that makes RA stand out from the crowd is that Eric, and all the people who use RA, makes this a great community dedicated to helping each other to enjoy our running, at whatever level we are at or would like to be at. We are all runners here! I have never been part of such a good group of people and it has been so refreshing that I can focus on the running advice and discussion and am not distracted by 'other stuff' that I don't need to see or hear. RA has transformed my view of running and I've learned so much from reading posts (and even throwing in the odd amateur piece of advice). So - well done to you for saying what you feel! Regards Neil G UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

RhodeRunner

CR refugee that is happy to have found this site. Thanks Eric in advance for importing my five + years of data. Looking forward to getting to know this community. JF
                          JF
                            Eric...I'm sending you some extra energy vibes as you assist all the newest RA members with their logs and such. As always, you're awesome. Smile

Michelle

OK - I am having a hard time getting to my old log on CR and getting it exported. Someone posted this link: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=PapaBanucci;p=password I tried cutting and pasting it - replacing PapaBanucci with my CR name (1CandoKid) and password with my unique password. It brings me to the active sign in page that asks for your email address & password. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Someone also mentioned emailing Amy Steiner, who helped export their log. I emailed her asking for help, and all I got back was my name, email, and password - so that was a dead end... Pat
                              btb1490

Eric...I'm sending you some extra energy vibes as you assist all the newest RA members with their logs and such. As always, you're awesome. Smile
                                Big time ditto!